ɖɛʋɨʟ ʟօʋɛ - 5

LOVE NOTE PART - 5

[ 3 years later ]

A man came running toward the white Mercedes. He knocked on the car window, and the window rolled down, revealing a cold, sorrowful girl who had lost everything, even her smile.

"Ma'am, they are refusing to accept money from you," the guard said. Y/n nodded her head. "Then, leave," she said, closing the window. Her eyes shifted towards the road, focusing on the house that belonged to her lover, the one she had been so deeply in love with and had dreamt of living with him. But everything changed when she received the news of his death. She sighed and signalled the driver to start the engine.

Her car pulled up at the William Mansion, where guards swiftly opened the car door for her. Without paying attention to anyone, she entered the mansion but Her steps halted when she heard her brother's voice calling her. Frustration welled up inside her upon hearing about someone else's voice whom she hated most.

"Y/n, Carlo is here to see you," Namjoon said with a forced smile. Her cold gaze met her brother's, who stopped smiling when he saw her numb face. On the other hand a man sitting on the couch, accompanied by his sister, Diana. They were part of the Lee Group, holding high positions in the company, but also involved in illegal activities.

Y/n's dad, William Mark, had made an agreement with the Lee family, and part of it was her getting married. Two years ago, her parents died in a plane crash, but they never found their bodies. She wanted to say no to the wedding because she loved someone else, but she couldn't because of the contract. .

If anyone disagrees with marriage they have to give 50 percent share to other persons. And because of this, if she rejects the marriage her brother's company will face a huge loss which she doesn't want. Only her brother left in her life after her parents death.

Carlo looked at her top to bottom with his hungry eyes. What he wants he gets. The dream which he saw was to make a beautiful girl his wife and whom He obsessed with her body and her beauty.

On the other hand Diana was clever, and folks labelled her a witch who loved to play with people's hearts and brains. Her hungry eyes focused on the girl she disliked.

"Hi Y/N ," Carlo greeted, rising from his seat and approaching her. "Why are you so quiet today?" he inquired, standing close. She glared and stepped back, asking sharply, "Why are you here?" Carlo's smirk disappeared, replaced by an unsettling, unfamiliar smile that sent shivers down anyone's spine.

"Four days until our wedding, princess, and tomorrow's the ball party I'm hosting to introduce you to everyone," Carlo announced. "Come with me to choose a beautiful dress for the occasion."

"No, it's fine. I already have plenty of dresses," Y/N replied, taking a step back towards her room.

"Oh, come on, Y/N, drop your attitude. My brother is working hard to win your love; can't you appreciate it?" Diana said.. Namjoon's eyes bore into the girl, but Y/N interrupted before he could speak. "I haven't asked him to. He's doing this on his own.Tell your brother to stop pursuing things that are already taken by someone else," Y/N stated firmly while locking eyes with him. Carlo clenched his fist in anger at her words, but he quickly concealed it behind a fake smile. "It's okay; I'm not going to force you. Take care," Carlo said, attempting to pat her head, but she pulled away abruptly.

"What does she think of herself?"Diana whispered in Carlo's ear, but Y/N overheard while Ignoring them, Y/N walked toward her room and opened the gate to find the face she had longed to see - a picture of her and Jungkook on the table. She picked it up and traced it with her finger. recalling the moment it was taken when Jungkook was asleep in the car beside her.