43| We'll both enjoy it

"Adwait, could you please inform me of our destination? It's been over 30 minutes of driving, after all

"Adwait, could you please inform me of our destination? It's been over 30 minutes of driving, after all." Nitya groaned, her patience wearing thin.

"Patience, my love, patience," Adwait whispered, brushing his lips against the back of her hand, which he'd been holding since they first got into the car. "Just five more minutes."

Nitya sighed, her eyes fixed on the unfamiliar surroundings flashing by. This was the first time she'd seen this area, and she had no idea where he was taking her.

True to his words, they arrived at a quaint little house after just five minutes.

Nitya gave Adwait a curious look, but he was already unbuckling his seatbelt. He got out of the vehicle and quickly came around to her side. Gently taking her hand, he led her towards the house.

As they neared the entrance, a tiny figure popped up from behind the gate, grabbing Nitya's attention and making her eyes go wide. She looked over at Adwait, who was watching her with a slight grin.

Aradhya's eyes brightened when she saw them, and with a cheerful squeal, she ran towards them. But she suddenly stopped in her tracks when she noticed their hands interlaced.

A gasp of delight escaped her lips, followed by a joyful squeal, and she wasted no time in engulfing their intertwined hands in a warm, loving hug, pressing her chubby cheeks affectionately against them.

Adwait's lips curved upward in a tender smile. He scooped Aradhya into his arms and showered her with a series of affectionate kisses all over her tiny face before enveloping her in a warm, tight embrace.

"How is my little one?"

Aradhya's happiness overflowed, and she squealed with delight, reaching out her little arms to wrap around Nitya's neck as well.

With pure innocence, Aradhya planted sweet kisses on both their cheeks, making Adwait and Nitya burst into warm laughter.

Before long, Aradhya's grandparents emerged from the house, their faces lighting up with joy.

"Adwait, Nitya, it's truly wonderful to see both of you. Please, come inside."

Aradhya with a twinkle in her eye, wiggled out of Adwait's hold. He crouched down and placed her on the ground.

She grabbed both their hands and took charge, leading them with her chattering and playful, dance-like steps.

"Please, have a seat. We'll prepare something," Grandma kindly offered.

"No need to trouble yourselves," Adwait insisted.

"We're not sending you both away without a meal, dear," Grandpa smiled warmly.

With that, they both headed to the kitchen, leaving Adwait and Nitya alone with Aradhya. They found their places on the cozy couch.

Aradhya dashed over to Adwait and quickly climbed onto his lap, snuggling in with total ease.