Chapter 38 - When it all blows up

Kat

I'm still tingling from his breath on my ear as I excuse myself to JD and head out of the room. Brick in a tuxedo does something to me I've never experienced before. I feel warm and breathless looking at him. And sitting next to him was blissful torture.

Eager to find him, I scan the hallway outside. There's a larger lobby area to our right. But to the left are more corridors and a few dark spots.

Brick smiles at me as I glance back into the room to make sure nobody followed me.

"Hey," he says and pulls me close. He strokes one finger over my cheek and I shiver in his arms.

"Do you know what that tuxedo is doing to me?" I meet his eyes.

"Probably the same thing that dress is doing to me." He leans in close and I tilt my head back. I've wanted to touch him since I showed up at his door and now his lips are finally on mine. I sigh and move my body into his, glad I'm wearing heels to eliminate some of the height difference between us.

"You are so gorgeous," he says and pulls me behind a giant plant. He pushes me up against the wall and I moan in delight.

His hand finds the slit in my dress. His rough fingers brush over my skin, like fire melting ice. I grab his collar and hold on, never wanting to let go. I don't even care what he wants to do to me.

"What the fuck!"

I flinch and accidentally bite down on Brick's lip. I pull away from the sound and want to hide. Brick shields me with his body, but we both know it's too late. There's fear in his eyes.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing to my sister?"

JD sounds almost panicked and I can't tear my eyes from Brick.

"Listen," Brick says and wipes his lip as he turns away. His broad back is still shielding me from the world and I run a hand over my hair and adjust my skirt, thankful for the small reprieve.

"Get away from her, you fucking asshole!" JD's hand grabs his arm and Brick moves to the side. "I can't believe you would do something like this." He's raising his voice.

"JD, please. Be quiet." I glance at the room filled with sponsors.

"Quiet? How the fuck are you telling me to be quiet? Why are you quiet? Why aren't you shouting for help? You shouldn't even be out here with him."

"JD, the sponsors." I say the only thing I can think of to keep him from making a scene. "Don't let them know something's wrong."

He takes a deep breath and looks me over. "Is that why you didn't try to stop him? To not make a scene?"

I shake my head but try to keep my voice calm. "No. I didn't stop him, because I didn't want him to stop."

He spins around to face Brick. "What the fuck did you tell her? You think you can just take advantage of her? Of my sister?"

I grab hold of his arm as his fist clenches.

"It's not like that, JD. I swear it's not. I asked him."

"You asked him what?" He's in my face again.

"We... we have an agreement." I stammer out.

"The fuck you do. You have nothing." He spins back to Brick. "And you're finished. I want you out of the house and off the team."

"JD," I practically shout as I step between them. "Think about this. You can't just kick him out."

"The hell I can't. Watch me."