016

CHAPTER 016
| Summer Camp, pt. 6

Rosalie's excited proclamation broke the atmosphere, as she rushed over to the group, brimming with enthusiasm. "Everyone, they're playing the Daredevil Treasure Hunt Couple's Romantic Love Game!" she exclaimed.

"The romantic devil hunt—what?" Serenity asked, utterly confused.

"You're clueless, young lady. You've got no idea how a camp works," Aiden remarked.

"Whatever," Serenity replied, as they all head towards where the other students had gathered for the game.

The host of the game stepped forward, microphone in hand, and addressed the crowd. "Everyone, this is the moment you've been waiting for!" he announced, prompting cheers from the crowd. "Let's start the Daredevil Treasure Hunt Couple's Romantic Love Game!"

"The rules are simple: you have to find the treasure at the end of the forest."

He paused for dramatic effect before continuing, "You might get lost, hunted, or killed! But here's the catch: guys and girls pair up and enter the forest together. This is your chance to find your significant other!"

"You might get lost, hunted or killed but here's the catch, you might get laid as well" Jasper mimicked, making the others burst into laughter.

"Draw your numbers from the boxes and pair up! Any cheaters will be disqualified from the game!" The host warned.

"Looks interesting. Let's draw the numbers," Aiden suggested.

"I hope I don't get paired up with Serenity, then, I'd have no chance of winning. She's a scaredy-cat and would get us lost in no time," Jasper joked.

"As if I'm dying to be paired with an old man. You'd give up halfway because of your weak knees. First, take care of your hair growing grey!" Serenity retorted with a sarcastic grin.

"Hey! It's silver, not grey!" Jasper protested.

Serenity walked away, her eyes catching sight of Cyrus with the other two students. She approached them stealthily, hiding behind a tree to eavesdrop.

"Cyrus, please, let's play the game together. I'm so scared of dark places, and I'm small, so I get lost easily. But with you, I don't think I'll be scared," the girl beside Cyrus cooed, clinging to him. Serenity couldn't help but shudder.

'Get that leech off yourself, Cyrus!' she thought.

'There's no way Cyrus would agree to it just because she's acting like that,' Serenity mused.

But to her astonishment, Cyrus sighed and accepted. The girl let go of him, and he went to draw his number. Serenity's mouth hung open in surprise.

Rosalie approached Serenity, noticing her stunned expression. "What're you doing with your mouth open? You might catch a fly in it," she teased.

"Anyways, here, take this," Rosalie said, extending a piece of paper with a number written on it.

"What's this?" Serenity inquired.

"Your ticket to the Romantic Devil Hunt!" Rosalie replied, "Cyrus has the same number. Just go to him!" She added.

"Huh? Sure," Serenity replied, her mind racing with excitement and uncertainty.

Serenity approached Cyrus, "We've got the same number," she announced.

Cyrus raised an eyebrow, clearly surprised. "How do you know?" he asked, skeptical.

"We just do, maybe it's fate?" Serenity replied with a touch of sarcasm.

As Serenity and Cyrus ventured deeper into the thick forest, the surroundings grew increasingly daunting. The path that had initially seemed straightforward now became a labyrinth of towering trees, their branches reaching out to obscure the moonlight, casting eerie shadows.