Chapter 10: A Shy Proposal

As Alexia heard her phone ringing she answered her phone, trying not to wake up Elena, she held it to her ear and heard Jenni's voice on the other end. Jenni was wide awake and teasing Alexia about being in the same bed as Elena.

Jenni's playful banter made Alexia chuckle, and she whispered back, "Shh, don't wake her up, Jenni. We had a late night."

Jenni's teasing continued, and she playfully asked Alexia if she was wearing her adorable puppy socks and underwear. Alexia blushed wildly at the mention of her choice of undergarments, regretting ever sharing that detail with Jenni.

With a shy and embarrassed tone, Alexia replied, "Jenni, come on, don't bring that up now!" Their playful banter and camaraderie were a reminder of the close friendship they shared, even if it sometimes led to moments of playful embarrassment.

Elena stirred in her sleep, and as she turned over to look at Alexia, she offered a sweet smile and a giggle. In a hushed whisper, she teased Alexia about knowing that she was wearing the doggy underwear. This unexpected revelation made Jenni burst into laughter on the other end of the phone, clearly enjoying the moment.

Blushing and slightly embarrassed, Alexia let out a soft whine and quickly hung up the phone. She buried her face in Elena's neck, her cheeks still flushed with embarrassment.

it's okay i think it's adorable and cute my big bad captain wear's underwear with cute dogs on them" Elena says making Alexia whine and blush continuing to hide her face in Elena's neck.

Elena's sweet and affectionate response, where she reassured Alexia that she found the dog-themed underwear adorable and cute, made the midfielder whine softly and blush even deeper. She continued to hide her face in Elena's neck, feeling both embarrassed and comforted by the journalist's words.

As Alexia moved her head away from Elena's neck, their eyes locked in a moment filled with intensity and desire. Slowly, she leaned in, drawing closer to the journalist, their faces inching toward each other.

Elena allowed Alexia to snuggle deeper into her chest, their closeness creating a sense of warmth and comfort. She started rubbing the midfielder's back with her soft hands, all the while playfully teasing her about how her puppy underwear must have given her all the confidence in the world to kiss the journalist.

Alexia responded with a whine and a playful slap on Elena's thigh, their laughter and affection filling the room.

With a nervous flutter in her heart, Alexia cleared her throat, trying to find the right words to express what she felt. She glanced over at Elena, who was smiling softly, her eyes filled with warmth and affection. It was now or never.

"Elena," Alexia began, her voice soft and filled with a shy vulnerability, "I've had an amazing time tonight. I... I was wondering if... maybe after my next game, you'd like to go out to dinner with me?" She felt her cheeks flush with a mixture of anticipation and nervousness.

Elena's smile widened, her eyes sparkling as she responded, "Alexia, I would love to go out to dinner with you. I've enjoyed every moment we've spent together, and I can't wait to spend more time with you."

Relief washed over Alexia as she heard Elena's enthusiastic response. She couldn't help but smile back, feeling a deep connection with the journalist.