Chapter 60: epilogue

In the following weeks, Elena's condition deteriorated rapidly. Each day seemed to sap more of her strength, leaving her bedridden and dependent on the care of her loving family. Alexia, torn between her duties as a professional athlete and her role as a devoted partner and mother, struggled to balance her life.

Isabella, their precious daughter, became a beacon of hope in those difficult days. Her laughter and innocent curiosity brought moments of respite from the looming despair. Elena cherished every second she spent with her, knowing that her time in this world was running out.

One fateful morning, the day had arrived when Alexia was set to leave for training again. The burden weighed heavily on her shoulders, but she couldn't abandon her team or her career. She leaned down, pressing a tender kiss to Elena's lips.

Elena's eyes, once vibrant and full of life, now held a serene acceptance. She kissed Isabella, her lips lingering on her daughter's forehead, committing the sensation to memory.

As Alexia left for training, Elena closed the door behind her and slowly climbed the stairs to their bedroom. Her movements were deliberate, each step taking a tremendous effort. She knew that this would be her last day on Earth, and she was determined to make it as peaceful as possible.

In the dimly lit bedroom, Elena carefully retrieved the note she had been composing for weeks. It was a testament to her love for Alexia and Isabella, a farewell filled with longing and gratitude. She placed it on the bedside table, where she knew Alexia would find it.

As the day wore on, Elena's strength waned further. She spent her final hours gazing at a picture of their family, the three of them huddled together with smiles that radiated pure joy. She kissed the photograph, clutching it to her chest as tears welled up in her eyes.

With her last reserves of energy, Elena whispered silent prayers for the happiness and well-being of Alexia and Isabella. As the sun dipped below the horizon, she allowed herself to succumb to the embrace of sleep, knowing that her love for her family would live on forever.

An: I would first like to thank all of you for reading this book and giving it all the stars and comments on it and supporting this book you all have made me feel so special writing this book it will forever have a special place in my heart this book and all of you have changed my life for the better and I'm so grateful for all of you. I plan on writing a sequel for this book I hope to see you all when it releases.😊