Part 25 - Only If You Truly Meant It

Nathalie stared down at the man she had been in love with since the day she started working for him and his wife. His deep grief and the following depression had only made her feelings grow and while she had tried to be a mother for Adrien, she at the same time had tried to be his rock to cling on to.

There had been moments between them, situations they could've handled differently and could have given in to their desire long time ago. But there had either been his mourning over the death of his wife or any other urgent thing in between them.

He had told her that he had waited for too long to eventually confess his love for her, had thought he still had time. Yet she had been longing for any kind of affection so very much that she had given all of her to the first stranger who was nice and kind to her.

Nathalie regretted that deeply. But remembering how those spontaneous, inconsiderate decisions could cause a big gap in her life, she was reluctant when she heard Gabriel's proposal.

And of course she was also very touched. And if he really meant what he said, then she would be the luckiest woman in the world. Giving him a loving smile, she eventually could form a sentence and asked him.

"It this because of the lawsuit or because you really want to marry me? If you're doing this just to protect me, then the answer is no. Only if you truly meant it, my answer would be yes. So, Gabriel, tell me, do you want to marry me because you can't live without me or because of this despicable moron suing me for custody?"

Smiling the man took both her hands and kissed the back of each. Then he replied to her sweetly.

"My dear Nathalie. Haven't I told you for so many times already, how very much I'm in love with you? I want to spend every remaining second of my life with you. And of course I want to protect you. But not because of this arsehole trying to make some money out of you or threatening you, but because I never want to be without you again."

Tears were brimming the pregnant woman's eyes and soon began to run down her cheeks and dropped off her chin onto her shirt.

Pulling him forward towards her, she leaned in to smash her lips onto his and at the same time wrap her arms around him tightly, almost climbing his lap as she did.

When they, after minutes of passionate and savage kissing, finally parted their lips, Nathalie croaked.

"Of course I want to marry you. I never wanted to be with anyone but you! I've been in love with you for so long already and always will be!"

With a beaming smile Gabriel kissed her again then asked.

"May I put this onto your finger now, please?"

The young woman nodded and held out her hand for him. As he carefully slipped it over her finger it fit her perfectly.

"It's incredibly beautiful, Gabriel. Thank you!"

"That's not all. I knew you wouldn't like a too expensive or extravagant one, so I decided to get you this regular ring and instead pick another object, I was aware how much you adored it. I might have been spying on you a little and searched through your browser history after seeing it on your screen once."

"I don't understand. The only thing I ever opened in my browser was..." She gasped. "You wouldn't! Please tell me it's not..."

"That very rare and ancient peacock made out of ivory and crested with not only diamonds, but also rubies and sapphires? Well, I hope you still like it otherwise I'll have to bring it back to the jeweler and he certainly wouldn't be happy about that!" Gabriel mused.

With new tears falling from her eyes Nathalie took the paper bag from him. Her hands were trembling and she wasn't able to speak at all, when she slowly unwrapped the small, about the size of an egg, peacock figure.

"Th-This is w-w-way too expensive, Gabriel! You can't just buy me such things. But I love you even more for it. I need you to promise me to never do something like that again, okay? It's way too much money to spend on one person. Just imagine how many people could have been fed with the amount you paid. And even if you got a bargain because you also bought the ring, it's..." The overwhelmed woman scolded him. Then she again kissed him savagely.

Laughing the designer told her.

"You, my dear, are worth each and every cent of it. And I didn't get a bargain for the peacock. But for the ring because I bought the little bird. Her name is Duusu, by the way. That's the croatian word for emotion."

Nathalie giggled.

"Yeah, I already knew that. There's a very sweet story around that little creature too, saying she has magical powers and can create so-called sentimonsters. Those will allegedly become whatever the one, who uses her powers, wants them to be. One of the tales is about a princess, wishing for a child after trying to get pregnant for a long time without any success. But once she found the little peacock, they created that baby together, and it even grew inside of her like a regular one." She told him excitedly.

"That's a wonderful story, and I bet Émilie would have loved it. Especially when we were in the exact same situation. But luckily the in-vitro fertilisation worked out after they had eventually harvested some of her eggs. But enough about the past, my love. There is one little surprise left for you to see. Or maybe two. But one is for both of us. How are you feeling by the way? Do you think, you can get up and come downstairs with me? Of course I will help you get ready and into your clothes before we can go to the big surprise Adrien and Marinette have organised mostly on their own." Gabriel asked her with a soft smile.

Nathalie nodded.

"I'm feeling a lot better already, thank you. And I think I could make it on my own in the bathroom, if I wanted to. But..."

"But?" The pregnant woman could hear the concern in his voice as he pried.

She giggled, and spoke seductively into his ear.

"I would prefer if you came with me and helped me with... 'certain issues'."

"Oh, I see." The man who instantly felt the area around his crotch getting tighter hummed.

Half an hour later they were done with showering and getting dry again, beside several other things, and Gabriel placed his new fiancee on the mattress. Then he brought the dress, he had picked up from the tailor, into the bedroom and showed it to her.

"Oh my, Gabriel, it's amazing. But why... Oh no! Are you trying to tell me that we're going to do it today?" She gasped.

Gabriel only smirked as he responded.

"Well, if that isn't proof enough that I truly meant it..."