𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑛𝑒

CHAPTER ONE
You're Not A Saint

"Home sweet home. Straight off the boat from Ravka and no one was waiting to kill us as soon as we arrived. Yay! That's a good sign." Jesper rambled as he, Inej, Kaz, and Marissa walked the streets. "I think I might celebrate with a little dice and debauchery." Jesper smirked.

"No debauchery." Kaz denied.

"Dice then."

"No dice. We have stops to make." Kaz told Jesper.

"What's first? Tante Heleen?" Inej asked.

"We get to the Crow Club." Kaz told them all.

When they arrived, the sign had changed to a crown with an eye in the middle. "Where's our sign?" Jesper wondered.

"It's been replaced." Kaz said, almost having a sad tone.

"Want me to rip that sign off?" Marissa offered, getting a look from Inej.

"'The Kaelish Prince?'" Inej said aloud.

"What sort of name is that?" Jesper questioned.

"Dime Lions." Kaz mumbled.

"Pekka Rollins owns the Crow Club?" Inej asked, not believing it.

"Where does that leave us?" Jesper inquired. "Are you saying we have no home?" Jesper asked. "My suits. All my hats."

Marissa shot him a look.

"Split up. It's not safe." Kaz instructed. Just then, a whistle blew.

"Halt! You four. Hands up!" The man shouted.

Marissa held her hands up. She was prepared to use her powers if needed.

"Kaz Brekker. Jesper Fahey. Marissa Petrova. And Inej Ghafa. "Only a matter of time before you turned up."

"Is there a problem?" Kaz asked.

"For you? Yeah. You're wanted for murder."

"What? We just got back in town. Unless it's a crime to kill Volcra." Jesper said.

"Very funny, gunslinger. Now, slowly, hand over those shooters."

"And you. Give up the cane." He told Kaz. "And you, spy— oi!"

Inej left.

"Where'd she go?"

"Yeah. She does that." Jesper grinned.

"Three's enough for now. Come on. Off to Hellgate to await trial." They were suddenly put in the back of the carriage.

As they sat in there, there were two rows of criminals. Marissa knew this was going to be hell for Kaz.

"'Let's all go back to Ketterdam. It'll be fun,' they said. Now I'm off to Hellgate. Hellgate." Jesper started to ramble.