𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒

CHAPTER FIVE
Ravka Needs Saving

Marissa was sitting at the table with Kaz, Wylan, Jesper, Nina, Zoya, and a new face: Tolya, because as Kaz phrased it: "Ravka needs saving."

    Nina scoffed, "The Neshyenyer? Sankta Neyar's blade?"

    "So, you haven't completely forgotten what you were taught at the Little Palace. Just your loyalty to Ravka." Zoya said to Nina, trying to get under her skin.

    "Ravka? or Kirigan? It didn't take him destroying a city for me to question my loyalty." Nina retorted, making Zoya look down and shift in her seat.

    "So, now that we all know that you two have history, what's the payment for this particular job?" Jesper asked, getting to the point.

    "Name your price." Tolya replied, causing the Crows to look at him. "It matters that much."

    Wylan narrowed his eyes and furrowed his brows at Tolya, "is that the Lantsov crest?" He wondered.

    "You know it is because it's hideous." Nina mused. Marissa laughed softly for a second, then she got a glare from Zoya.

    "Prince Nikolai requests your services to retrieve and deliver the Neshyenyer to Alina Starkov in East Ravka." Tolya explained.

    "She's returned?" Nina questioned.

    "As has the Darkling, your brother. With an indestructible army of shadow monsters." Zoya glared at Marissa.

    "It's not my fault we're related. I didn't exactly plan on being his sister." Marissa glared right back.

    "I do not like the sound of that." Jesper said, referring to the shadow monster army.

    "She needs the blade to kill them. It's the only thing that might work." Zoya further explained.

    "Retrieve the blade and the Prince will pay what you ask." Toyla told them.

    Jesper took a swig of his shot, "but I like the sound of that."

    "I assume the same goes for you?" Zoya asked.

    "I'd welcome the chance to help your prince spend his country's money." Kaz responded with a smirk.

    "I don't need kruge. I need to get someone out of Hellgate. Lantsovs must be able to pull strings with the Kerch government." Nina responded.

    "For a certain Fjerdan? He must be quite the slab of fur." Zoya grinned.

    "The offer is the offer. Prince Nikolai is a man of his word." Tolya assured them.

    "But we need to go now." Zoya said.

    "It's settled. We're in." Kaz stated.

    "And your Wraith? I was expecting to see her." Zoya looked around.

    "She's gone." Kaz mumbled, looking down. Marissa furrowed her brows as she looked at Kaz.