Hell's Reign (Chapter 3)

It was already 7:01. The sun had set, and the sky was covered by dark grey clouds. I looked out my window, sitting on the rocking chair by it. The ground was coated in a thick layer of white, untouched snow. A slight slit of moonlight shined over the ground. I sighed and looked at the yard.

Then, I noticed something in the tree. It looked like a person, waving at me. I rubbed my eyes and grabbed my binoculars, looking at the tree through them. It was just a tree branch, swaying in the wind. I sighed and walked over to my bed, sitting down. God damn this was repetitive. Suddenly, at exactly 7:06, my radio turned out out of nowhere. It was just pure radio static. 

I tried to turn it off, but none of the buttons worked. Every button I pressed just made the radio static grow louder. I covered my ears, glad my mom had gone out to the bar or something so she didn't have to hear this. I grabbed the radio and pulled on one of the wires. It still had that radio static.

"God dammit! What the hell is going on!?"

Then, when the clock turned 7:07, it stopped. I sighed and sat on my bed. I felt an unexplained shiver run up my spine, the hairs on the back of my neck standing on edge. My gaze shot around, feeling unseen eyes prying upon me. I closed my window curtains and sat on my bed again. I heard footsteps in the hall outside my room, and a knock on my bedroom door. Mom.

"Come in! The door's unlocked!"

The door slowly opened with a creak. I looked at the hand opening the door and it looked... different. It was grey-black and almost looked like a glove. The fingers were long and they had long, claw-like nails. Then, it just vanished. I frowned and peeked outside my door. No one was there.

"Am I dreaming? Is there a robber in here?" I muttered, looking around. Suddenly, a cold yet firm grip grabbed my mouth. The other hand grabbed me and held me in place. I tried to scream, but the person's hand blocked it. I felt tears running down my face as I tried to struggle free of this grip. Suddenly, it vanished too.

I was sobbing as I put my hands on my knees. I looked around, but nothing was there. What the hell was going on!? I stood up straighter. "W-who's there!?" I yelled, not expecting an answer. There was no answer, just a cold gust of wind. But the window wasn't open. Then, the lights flickered away. I shuffled around the room, looking for a flashlight. I found one and tried to turn it on. But no light came out of it.

I tried to turn on the light, but no matter how many times I flipped the switch... it never did. I walked downstairs to try to see if we had a breaker that had been tripped, despite not knowing if we even had a breaker. I searched every room, but there was nothing. I didn't hear any weird sounds from a generator, so I just went back upstairs into my room. I slid under my bed and lay there, in case the thing came back. I sighed and lowered my head. After around ten minutes, the lights didn't come back on. I peeked out from under the bed and noticed a faint red glow coming from the corner of my room. I quickly slid under the bed again and closed my eyes. Then, something grabbed my hand and yanked me out from under the bed. I screamed as the hand lifted me up, my feet dangling in mid-air. It was dark, and I could only make out a vague shape of the figure. 

The thing was seven feet tall, and I was around 5'11, which made it easy for it to hold me off the floor. I felt tears go down my face. It whispered into my ear.

"Your tears are so sweet, Y/N."

My eyes widened. How did it know my name? I was trying to get out of it's grip. It chuckled, its voice like that of a radio announcer from the 1920s. It threw me onto my bed as I slammed into the wall and slid down onto my bed. I winced, and the lights came back on. As I looked up, nothing was there. My thoughts raced. Now I was 100% sure I wasn't just dreaming. I would have woken up by now

I moved slightly, and I heard my arm crunch slightly. I clenched my teeth as I tried not to scream. I managed to hold my right arm still as I stood up. I winced as it hung there. I didn't have a phone, so I couldn't call 911. We had a phone somewhere in the house, but my mom had hidden it. Maybe she had even taken it with her.

I took deep, shaky breaths as I collapsed onto my bed again. I looked up at the ceiling. I heard a small chuckle from next to me as a face peered at me. It looked male. He had beige-colored skin, red eyes with black pupils, and a red-cropped, angled bob-cut with black tips at the ends of every tuft of hair. He also had two large, black-tipped tufts of hair extending from the top of his head, which looked like the ears of a deer. He had a wide grin across his face which, and I mean this literally, spread almost ear-to-ear. His teeth were yellow and sharp.

"Well, what a predicament you're in! Did I do that? Hahahah!" His laugh was joyful, which did not fit the moment. 

She looked up at him, fear filling her eyes. "Who are you!?" He chuckled, tilting his head slightly. His grin never left his face, let alone his smile. "Alastor, sweetheart! A pleasure to meet you! My, I never thought I would see a mortal on earth ever again, let alone be on earth! Hahahah!" 

My gaze shot all over the room as he looked down at my broken arm. "What do you mean you never thought you'd be on earth?!" I felt a sinking feeling in my stomach as I asked that as if all the pieces were starting to fit together. He grinned.

"Why sweetie, you're even dumber than you look! Isn't it obvious?" He leaned close to me, whispering in my ear. "I'm a demon..."

My eyes widened, my pupils shrinking a bit as they shook slightly out of fear. I whimpered slightly. "Why are you here? What do you want from me!?" He rolled his eyes and grinned. 

"My dear, you're the one who did the demon summoning! I'm just here!" He patted me on the shoulder, which had my broken arm, and walked in circles around my room. I slowly sat up, watching him. My gaze drifted over to the baseball bat. I slowly picked it up, making sure he was turned away. I took it in my non-broken arm and swung it at his head.

Like a swift, single movement... he grabbed the bat before it hit his head. He chuckled darkly and looked at me. "Dear, that's not very nice! Is this how you usually treat your guests?" I growled as I kept trying to power through his grip with the bat. "You're not a guest! You're a demon!"

He snapped the bat with a quick twist of his wrist. Y/N clenched her teeth as he grabbed her shoulders. A slight green magic came from his hands and she felt the pain in her arms vanish. She moved her arm slightly, and it seemed healed. He sighed. "Take that as a bit of a peace offering." Y/N looked at her arm and sighed. "Thanks, I guess..."