Regrets (Chapter 7)

I had gone back to sleep after a bit. Despite it being so easy, it had got my heart racing. Every once in a while, I felt a bit of guilt. I probably could have taken options that didn't go off of my emotions.

Once I woke up, it was around 8:00 am. I couldn't see Alastor, but I could hear something from downstairs. I stood up and looked through my closet for something to wear. I grabbed a long-sleeved shirt and some loose pants

((Imagine it looks like this))

((Back to the story))

I walked downstairs and spotted Alastor, looking out a window that looked at the backyard. He heard me walk down the stairs. He chuckled and looked at me. 

"I must applaud you for the good preparation and execution on your first time killing someone! Not many people do it as well as you do!"

I looked at him, a bit awkward.

"Oh... Thanks."
 He chuckled and smiled before vanishing into thin air. I sighed and and grabbed some cereal. I checked the fridge to see if we even had milk. Nope. I would have to find my mom's wallet. Probably get a job as well. I grabbed a handful of the cereal and ate it.

After a bit of eating cereal, I closed the box. Since it still had some in the box, I put it back in the pantry. I smiled and stretched my arms above my head.

"Hey mom?"

I paused then remembered what I did. I looked down and frowned. I shook my head. Why was I feeling regret? She left me out to die. She got what she deserved. I went to go find my mom's phone.

Surprise surprise, I found it in her room. I suddenly realized I didn't have the passcode to the phone, or her fingerprint. I put the phone down and looked around. My mom had some slight memory problems, so she might have written it down somewhere.

I looked around the room and found a sticky note on the window. I almost didn't see it since the window was covered by the curtains. Alright the passcode was... 3964. I grabbed the phone and got in. I would have to change the passcode so it was easier to remember.

I looked through the apps she had. The pre-installed ones. Yeah that seems par for the course. I opened google maps and tried to see if there was a store I could go to. Maybe there was also a place I could get driving lessons or a job.

The closest store was around a mile away. Maybe next time I go outside I'll remember to put on a jacket. That would probably help. I went downstairs to go turn on the TV and watch the news. I turned on the TV and sat down, flipping through the inputs until I found one that played news. I put down the remote and leaned forward to listen

"Breaking News! Woman found dead in nearby forest! The identity of the the victim or murderer has not been found out, since the body was cut in half and left out in the woods were a few wolves chewed on the face and arms."

I turned off the news and swallowed something in my throat. God dammit. I thought nobody went into those woods. I closed my eyes and felt my heart speed up. What if they found out it was me? What would I tell them?

Alastor appeared beside me.

"Ah, what an awkward feeling. I felt the same. When your murder gets found out! Hahaha!" He laughed as I buried my face into my hands.

"I don't want to hear it, Alastor! I... What if they find out it was me? What if I go to jail!?"

He tilted his head and chuckled, shrugging. "Then there are options."
I suddenly heard police sirens outside my door.

"I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO HEAR THOSE OPTIONS NOW!"
I yelped, locking the door and standing there. I wasn't sure what to do. Did I run? Did I hide? Could I go out the window? I looked at Alastor. He shrugged and vanished into thin air.

"Bitch..."

"Y/N! Come out of the house with your hands up!"

Suddenly, I felt a sharp and searing pain in my chest. I felt a warm liquid slip down my body. I looked down and saw a bullet hole in my chest, where my heart was 

"You idiot! We don't know where she is!"

"It was a mis-input!"

"Just head inside!"

I fell to the floor as blood gushed out of my wound. I felt my nails dig into the palms of my hand as my vision went blurry. As my vision blurred, I saw the police burst in through the door. They rushed to my sides to try to stop the bleeding, but I saw my vision go black.