Clock Strikes (Chapter 17)

I softly hummed to myself as I sat in the corner. It was a bit drafty down here, but also a bit stuffy. A bit of an odd combination, but that's what it felt like.

I was rocking myself back and forth. Back and forth. Back and forth. I heard a scream from outside the hotel every now and then. I always prayed, ironically, that it wasn't one of my friends.

I heard footsteps in the library above me every now and then, which made me tense up, but no one ever entered this secret room. After a bit, I layed down on the "bed" and closed my eyes. Maybe I could get some rest.

Suddenly, my eyes shot open at the sound of the hatch slamming open.

My heart was pounding in my chest and my breathing became rapid. I slid under the bed as quickly as I could and tried to hold back tears.

I watched the stairs and saw a pair of white and yellow boots walk down the stairs. I held back a sob and looked at the floor.

I was hoping that they wouldn't find me. Hoping. Pretty much just praying at this point. I heard the pair of boots walks up to the bed and just... stand there.

I closed my eyes.

Suddenly, I felt a wide gust of wind as the bed was thrown to the side.

I shakily opened my eyes and looked up. There, in front of me, stood a figure.

Decently tall, two large and white wings, a yellow and white robe, white horns, and a black mask that looked like their face. And, in their right hand, was a spear pretty close to what Vaggie had.

I tried to hold back a sob as my gaze was drawn towards their face. The mask on their face changed with their expression. I saw it turn into a grin.

"I-I don't want to die..." I said softly.

I closed my eyes and hid my face in my arms. Maybe if they killed me, it would be quick and painless. I heard a chuckle and I felt the tip of the spear touch my wrist. I took a sharp breath in and opened one of my eyes very slightly.

The angel raised the spear above it's head and...

DONG

DONG

DONG

I heard the clock in the center of hell strike. The angel lowered its spear and scowled, walking off. I took a sigh of relief and sat up.

I felt like my whole body was shaking and I saw my vision getting blurry from the stress and panic. After a moment, I soon passed out.

My eyes slowly opened. My nails dug into the fabric of whatever I was laying on. My gaze drifted a bit. I was... back in my room. I slowly tried to sit up, before I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"No. You need your rest. Stay down."

I hesitated, but lay back down. I looked at him. He had a soft smile on his face.

"You ok? I found you passed out in the little secret room."

I took a deep breath and nodded.

"Yeah. Probably just the stress."