Shimmers (Chapter 14)

As the light of the pentagram hit my face in the morning, I mumbled something and shoved my face into the pillow. A knock at my door as someone peeked in.

"Rise and shine, Y/N!"

"Five more minutes..." I mumbled, pulling the covers over my face.

I heard him walk in before the blankets were thrown off me and he opened the blinds. My eyes slowly opened. I looked at him with pure bloodlust in my eyes.

"If I wasn't so tired you'd already be... double dead..."

I collapsed onto my bed again, just wanting to get back to sleep. He laughed, grabbing me by the arm and pulling me out of bed.

"Come on. It's already 9:30."

"No. I don't want to be a partially responsible demon."

Alastor rolled his eyes and pinched my arm. I yelped and shot up. Well, I was certainly awake now. My eye twitched and I grabbed him by the arm, dragging him onto the floor. He yelped and chuckled before grabbing me from behind and started to tickle my stomach.

I started laughing, a tear forming in my eyes as I laughed.

"W-wait-" I was interrupted by my own laughing. After a bit, he stopped and I had to catch my breath. I looked at him.

After a moment he stood up and helped me stand. I stretched my arms above my head before shoving him out of my room so I could get dressed. I closed and locked my door and looked through my closet. I put on a tight black turtleneck shirt and a long black skirt that didn't quite hit the floor.

I tied up my hair into a braid and left the room. I walked into the lobby and sat down, reading a book. I didn't have much else to do. Now and then, I glanced up at everyone walking around and talking. 

After an hour of doing nothing besides reading the book on magic, I stood up. I put the book down on the lobby's main table and wrote a note saying, 'I'm going out on a walk. Should be back by 11:30 AM at the latest.'

I slipped out of the hotel and started to walk around hell. I should probably get the lay of the land. I walked around, mostly at random. I took the roads that looked interesting until I spotted something out of the corner of my eye.

I tilted my head and looked at it. It was a slight sliver of vegetation. I looked around and went over to take a peak. It was a gate, and it looked abandoned. I was able to make out the words on the sign. 

'Shimmer Lake Garden'

(((OmG gUyS iT's In ThE tItLe AnD tHe BoOk OmG-)))

I walked in and saw a beautiful garden filled with lush green trees and grass, and multiple kinds of flowers. Then, in the center of the park/garden, there was a beautiful shimmering lake. I walked up to the water and peeked in. There were a few koi fish.

I sat down by the water's edge and watched the fish swim around. The soft aroma of flowers filled my nose and the slight sound of moving water was relaxing.

I hummed as I sat there, admiring how this was one of the few locations that looked nice. I made sure to keep track of the time so I wouldn't get back late and so no one would get worried.

I took a deep breath and let it out through the mouth. I laid down on my back and listened to the sounds of the water, the trees swaying, and the birds chirping now and then. It was like I was right back on earth.

But, the sound of an explosion still hit my ears now and then. I sat up and checked the time. 11:14 already. I stood up and then left the garden, walking back to the hotel.

After around five minutes of walking, I heard someone speak to me. It was an unfamiliar voice.

"Hey, sweet cakes. What's got you smiling?"

I looked at where the voice came from. It was a demon. One I didn't know, but they looked very drunk.

"None of your business..."

I muttered, straightening the sleeves on my shirt before walking off again. Suddenly, I felt the same demon slap my ass.

I clenched my teeth and looked at the demon.

"What in hell was that for!?"

The demon hiccuped.

"You're really pretty, sweetie pie. Why don't you come with me, back to my place?"

I growled and slapped him across the face.

"I wouldn't do that if we were the last two demons in hell."

He put his hand where I slapped him and smirked.

"Oh no no no. That's not how you play the game." 

He grabbed me by the arm and I felt his nails digging into my skin. He grabbed my neck with his other hand and I felt him draw some blood on it.

"You are going to come back to my place, and that's final."

I tried to get his hands off me, but he was surprisingly strong. Maybe a drunk rage or he was always this strong. He looked me in the eyes and chuckled darkly.

However, before he could do anything, I saw his leg snap under him. he fell to the ground, letting go of me as he screamed.  Alastor walked out of the shadows.

"Oh dear oh dear. That's not a very nice way to treat a woman."

He grabbed the demon by the arm and lifted him so he was dangling off the ground. He threw him against a wall, and I heard his arm snap. The demon screamed again. Alastor took my arm and pulled me behind him.

He grabbed the demon's neck and started choking him.

"If you lay another finger on her I will make sure your pathetic face never sees the light of day again."

Alastor dropped him, and the demon pulled himself away. Alastor turned to me and hugged me.

"Are you ok, Y/N? Did he do anything to you?"

I held him close.

"Not much. Just some slight blood drawn on my neck..."

Alastor nodded and led me back to the hotel. He sat me down in the lobby and looked at my neck. There were a few small puncture wounds where the demon's claws were. However, they weren't bleeding any more. 

He looked back at me and put a hand on my cheek.

"And you're sure you're ok?"

I chuckled and nodded.

"100% sure."

He smiled and nodded, hugging me.

Alastor sat next to me and I leaned against him. He smiled, wrapping his arm around me. He was so warm...