Memories (Chapter 11)

My eyes shook as I looked at him

"W-what...?"

He looked down before running off. I stood there, looking at my hands. What should I do? What is going on!? I ran into my room and slammed the door shut. I locked the door and collapsed on my bed. 

I buried my face in my hands. I felt like my whole body was shaking. There was no way he actually loved her. I put my hands on my head, my deer-like ears pinning themselves down as I pressed. 

They basically functioned like ears, right? Well, all the noises were blocked out besides the whispers.

"Remind you of something?"

"Come on Y/N. That didn't end well on earth."

"You want to end up like your mother?"

I uncovered my ears and they went away. I closed my eyes, trying to stop tears from rolling down my face. "No. No. I'm not like her. He's not like him."

(STOP! THIS SECTION CONTAINS: ABUSE, BLOOD, SCARS, RLLY BAD WORDS, SEXISM, AND MAYBE OTHERS)

Flashback... Sira was only nine

I watched from the dining room table, tears running down my face. I watched my dad as he slapped my mom across the face. My mom was sobbing as blood ran down her head, chest, and arms. 

My dad had a knife in his hand. He held it above his hand and my mom screamed at me to go upstairs. I was too scared to do anything else, so I ran towards the stairs.

I felt a hand grab my arm as a knife was pressed to my throat.

"Oh dear dear. My sweet Y/N. Don't listen to mommy. I want you to watch what happens to women who don't act like their superior man says!"

Tears ran down my face as he led me to the dining room to watch.  He walked over to my mom and slit her across the chest. She screamed and I covered my ears. My mom screamed at my dad.

"HOW ABOUT YOU GO BACK TO THAT WHORE THAT YOU CALL A GIRLFRIEND! WHAT WAS HER NAME AGAIN, AZRAL!? I'M SURE YOU WOULD KNOW. MAYBE IT WAS VIVIENNE OR SIRA!"

My dad's eyes widened before he slit my mom's wrist. She screamed and watched my dad walk towards me. She reached out to him before collapsing.

He stood in front of me with a wide grin and started cutting me across the entirety of my chest. I fell to the floor, sobbing and screaming. Suddenly, I heard a loud BANG.

My dad dropped to the floor, a hole through his head. I looked at my mom and noticed she was holding my dad's shotgun. She dropped the shotgun and dragged herself over to me. She picked me up.

"Hey. It's ok Y/N. He's gone. I'm ok..."

She was trying to comfort me, but I could see the blood all over her. I leaned against her, still crying.

(ALRIGHT! FLASHBACK OVER! YALL ARE SAFE NOW!) 

My eyes opened as I took a deep sharp breath. Did I fall asleep and have that as a nightmare, or did I pass out from stress? I wiped the tears off my cheeks and looked at her hands. I sat there, bringing my knees close to my face.

Why did I have to remember that? 

I buried my face into my knees and heard someone knock on the door. I frowned and tried to use the telekinesis spell from the book. I unlocked the door.

"C-come in."

The door opened and I saw Alastor. He saw the tears in my eyes and walked to my side, sitting on my bed.

"You ok, Y/N?"

I hid my face again.

"I-I don't know. I just feel... overwhelmed and... I don't know."

He frowned and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Listen. I'm...I'm sorry for bringing that up earlier. I didn't know you would react like that."

I looked at him and sighed.

"It's ok. You didn't know. I... I just have some bad experiences with love that aren't even my own."

He nodded softly.

"I get it."

He moved a bit closer to me and wrapped his arm around me. I leaned against him and sighed.

"I don't know what to do or feel. I haven't felt like this...ever and I don't know how to deal with it."

His smiled softened as he hugged me.

"I don't know either. Do you want to work this out together...?"

He was so kind. My mom knew my dad wasn't kind, and yet they still married. Maybe this could be different. I hugged him back and nodded.

"Yeah."