*FTAC 5: Well slap me with a sugared rose petal, why dont ya?

Chapter 3: Well slap me with a sugared rose petal, why dont ya

The next few days went by in a flash of light. It was such a relief that someone at my school knew my secret, other then me, of course. Unfortunately is was bitter sweet. The thought of Lillian knowing too made me sick with worry. I know if she told someone they would probably send her to a madhouse or something, but what if there's some lunatic out there that might believe her.

It obviously bothered Alena and Cameron too. Every time I passed one of them in the hall they either smile nervously walking to the opposite direction or something weird happens.
On Friday I walked up to Cameron.

"Hey Cameron, can I- " I said trying my best to look calm and collected until one of his tall buddies interrupted me.
"Hey, look it's the freak."
"Hey, look the freak is speaking so shut up before I kill you." I said back with a sarcastic smile on my face.
"Can I borrow your little asshole friend over here?" I asked in mock politeness.
"Wh-"
He stopped tall idiot number 2 from shooting in a comeback and said, "I got it guys, nodded at me blankly and took a few steps away from his smirking friends.
"Sorry abo- What is it you wanna talk about?" He asked.
"I just wanted to see if you were okay." I started awkwardly fumbling with the pencil in my hands.
"You know with everything that happened in detention. "
He nodded slowly and said, "I'm fine, I just... Need to get used to the idea that's all."
"Well, if you have any questions you can ask me, okay? "

I tried to smile, but it came out as a awkward grin. I dont like being nice to him. It feels unnatural and so unlike me especially after the little chat I had with his friends.
"Okay, I'll try. "
He started chuckling as if I just told a funny joke, which I did not!

"Tell Alenna too. " I added.
I almost walked away and turned on my heel to say, "Oh and you can't tell anybody about this. "
He nodded, but that wasn't good enough. Not good enough at all!
"No you've got to promise seriously. " I leaned in closer for emphasis and also so that his friends won't hear what we're discussing.
"Okay I promise. " said Cameron, raising his hands in mock surrender.
"Promise what? " said Alena walking up to us.

Cameron jumped when out of nowhere Alena appeared by his side. Suddenly all the lights in the hall with a loud pop sound. Faint shrieks of surprise reverberated through the now sunlit hall. People were stumbling around in the semi-dark to get to their.
"Seriously Cam, I you to keep your powers under control! " whispered Alena sharply by my side.
"Okay you to really need help. "
"Yeah I've noticed. " said Cameron dejectedly.
"So when can we come to your house to learn? " asked Alena giddy with excitement.
"What, am I a teacher now? " I teased.
"You certainly look the part... " retorted Cam brushing a acid green lock behind my ear.
For a moment we all felt like we've known each other forever, even though it was just a stupid joke. I guess it felt good to finally have friends who actually understand.
"How about we meet at my around one tomorrow?"

Their unusual reaction made me laugh and wonder how they can be blood related let alone brother and sister and yet be so different. Cameron looked like the thought of learning more was close to torture, while Alena looked like Harry Styles just ask her to marry her.
"Okay! "

********************************

The next day when I woke up I realised with shock that I don't know what I'm going to teach them. I showered as fast as humanly possible and rushed downstairs to the basement. I walked into the dusty room. Multicolored hardback books cluttered the wooden floorboards and unusual objects were displayed in a hundred year old trophy case. The Ruby red walls were heavily decorated with pieces of art and portraits of late Cartridge family members.

I walked to the back of the room to an old trunk. The pearly wood shimmered as the summer light from the window hit it. Several nature elements and creatures were in the side of the weathered wood dancing, but yet standing as still as can come. Still lost in my thoughts, I didn't realise how fast the time went by. When the doorbell rang I remembered the reason that I was in the basement in the first place. I heard the door being opened downstairs and my little brothers answered.