FTAC 4 | The Consequences of a Food Fight

[Edited version]
Last edited on: 2019/06/23

True to Gouldaz's word the five of us found ourselves stuck in after school detention.
I know detention doesn't sound so bad, but at House Donatus this is a very serious thing. With the fact that there is almost zero drama at this school it also means that any sort of punishment whether it is being expelled, suspended or simply getting detention is seen as a scandalous encounter. Generally, any punishments that the guilty students may receive are done under the radar, but since our 'altercation was so brazenly displayed to the public our punishment will be handled in the same humiliating manner'- Gouldaz's words, not mine.
I know how serious taking responsibility for your actions is and how I should take my punishment as an opportunity to better myself, but who can concentrate when your clothes are filled with strong smelling tomato sauce and the person next to you looks like the reincarnation of an all-you-can-eat buffet.

Our punishment consists of us being stuck here until we finished writing a thousand-word essay on 'why we ought to be punished'.
Yeah, I know it's lame, but our school has a 'no cruel punishment' policy. In other words, they want to punish us, but not in a way that will actually have any effect on the child's behaviour. It's probably done this way so that princess or daddy's little boy don't go running to their rich parents about how unfair they're being treated at school.
Oh, how I love the world of the rich- even if I am just an outside viewer. Well I'm not loving it so much right now, though. I mean for some this stuff is easy, like the overly enthusiastic Anaelle, but to the rest of us it's torture at its finest.

To me this is cruel!

I'm an aspiring journalist... a successful one I might add. I should be writing pieces about the wars in the Iraqi states and about the newest update of the world's oil spillage. I should be writing about important things, things that can change the world and sculpt the future...
Not stupid topics like THIS!
I can already feel the talent that I've worked so hard to attain slip away with every minute I spend on this nonsensical topic.

The room was filled with an unvarying silence as we sulked away the time. The only sound that could be heard was the clock's soft ticking and the sound of pens scribbling sentences on pieces of paper. The teacher in front of the class was even more disengaged then the rest of us. He was flicking through a car magazine with one eye on us and the other on a barely clothed model posing with some over-priced sports car.
After a few minutes of writing down nonsense like 'this is stupid' and 'what point does this stupid punishment even make?', I huffed and crumpled up the piece of paper I was using. It fell right next to the other paper balls I scrapped a few minutes before.
Like honestly, what do they expect us to write?
My thoughts were interrupted by a crackly voice coming from the out of date intercom.
"Mister Croft, would you please report to the staff room immediately."

With a grudging sigh the teacher pushed his seat backwards making all of us look up at the screeching sound it made.
Looks like we're not the only ones being punished, I thought as I scribbled down random words on my page in hopes that it might be useable.
He threw his magazine down on the desk and said, "No talking while I'm away, understood."
We all nodded at his words, except for Tallulah who rolled her eyes at him and watched as he stormed out of the classroom with dramatic flair that could only rival that of Shakespeare himself.
I thought he was the PE teacher, but it looks like we found the new drama substitute.
Maybe I could write that in my stupid essay.

Just when the sound of his footsteps faded someone dared to break the silence- and surprise, surprise that someone was Miss Tallulah!
"This is entirely your fault, you little brat!" she muttered under her breath pointedly at Anaelle.
"Don't talk to her like that!" snapped Nikolai glaring at her with impatience clear on his face.
"What are you going to do... tackle me or something?" Hissed Tallulah with a voice filled with venom.
She sounded so bitter that I'm sure she'd even have Simon Cowell cowering away in a corner crying for his mommy.
Okay, let's just take a minute to laugh at that image...
...
...
...
Okay, now we can proceed.