*FTAC 8: Ice cream and allergies could lead to a serious disaster

Chapter 4: Ice cream and allergies: could lead to a serious disaster

After the lesson on Saturday we spent almost every day together. Alena and Clide were like best friends which meant she now had somewhere to sit with at lunch and in class. Cam and I still have different friends at school, but outside we're buds like always. After school we all get together and chat about experiences that come with possessing a gift. It seemed to become part of our everyday lives to be together and fool around with magic which would be pretty hard to explain to our children one day considering that it's not really normal. One hot Tuesday in April our daily get-togethers in my basement was moved to the local Marcel's Ice cream shop to stop the hot Summer sun from melting away our good times.
Big mistake!

As we laughed at some stupid joke that Clide made the shop doorbell rang. Standing in the doorway was Lillian with some guy. I didn't recognise him, but he seemed so familiar. He was two heads taller then Lillian with dark caramel skin. He had thick black hair, a witty smile and a sparkle of confidence in his storm grey eyes.

I just couldn't take my eyes off of him.
I tried to look away and saw that Alena was also frozen next to me. Even though Alena and I reacted so stupidly the boys we're exchanging irritated glances when we didn't react when Cam threw a napkin at me. Why do they always do that?

My heart started beating faster and louder as Lilian walked straight to our table. I tried to look casual, but I guess it went wrong because when Lilian reached our table she sneered as if my reaction was amusing her.

"How's it going? " she asked with that smile still on her face.
Before I could say anything Cameron snapped, "Better now that you're not around." I could see the anger boiling inside Her, but I guess she was trying to regain her reputation of self-control.

"I see you kept the little brat around... " she growled staring coldly at Alena.
"She's not the little brat. " said Clide shooting daggers at her with his green eyes.
"You're the only brat here. " said Cam completing his sentence.
She leaned on the table getting dangerously close to tipping it over.
"Hey Electro idiot and Copper butt I'm not here to talk to you. " she said bitterly.

"I'm here to discuss something with Olivia. "
At those words I finally snapped out of my daze and returned to reality.
"What... Why do you want to talk to me? " I asked suddenly self conscious when mystery guy's eyes landed on me.
"Well I need your help. " she said trying to be nice to me for once.
Beep beep beep sirens are lighting up here.

"Finally we always knew you have mental issues... " Cam said grinning mischievously.
"I'm not going to teach you anything. " I said bravely even though I didn't feel as brave as I sounded.
"Not after all the mean things you said to me. "

Suddenly I had confidence to turn Her down. She narrowed Her eyes glaring at me through her thick, black lashes that would make a makeup company go out of business.
"Just think about it, okay? " she turned and sashayed away like some super model. "Sorry about that. " apologized Lillian's companion and walked to the table where Lilian sat with a sulky expression on her face.

"Who is he? " I said thinking out loud.
I tried not to say it out loud, but it just slipped out.
"You don't know who he is?! " asked Alena in disbelief.
"No we don't!" Cameron chipped in sounding quiet irritated.
"He's the best magician of the century... " Alena hinted, but I still had no clue Who he was.
"Robert Anhalt. The 19 year old wonder boy magic? Ring a bell anybody? "
I've never heard of him before, but something of his presence is just so familiar.

"Who cares anyway. " said Clide taking a bite of his cookies and cream Ice cream.
"Please tell me you're not considering teaching that witch of a Lilian." said Cameron with a pleading look.
I know how he feels, but like I before everyone has two sides. Maybe deep, deep, deep, deep -i think we've established that really deep- down Lilian could be nice and sweet.