Chapter 5

With the time zone difference and our long flight, when we arrive in Barcelona, it's already the morning of the next day.

"Good day ma'am, how can I help you?"

"I have a reservation under Howard. GreysonHoward."

"Let me have a look for you."

"Thanks."

"Ah, here we go. You've booked the Presidential Suite."

"But...I definitely booked two rooms."

"Yes, the Presidential Suite has two bedrooms."

Oh shit. I think I've made a huge mistake with the booking. Fucking A! I didn't realize the bedrooms were within a shared suite. "Do you have any other rooms available?"

The hostess shook his head. "No, ma'am, we don't often have last minute availability, especially at this time of year."

"Not even a budget room?" Oh my god, what in the hell did I just get myself into? As I'm trying to find my way out of this misunderstanding, Greyson approaches me.

"What's taking so long? What's this about budget rooms, Jocelyn? Didn't you use the credit card I gave you?"

"I did, but we have a small issue. I seem to have booked us at the penthouse suite... to share."

"Jocelyn, I'm your boss. This is a work trip. I thought I made the boundaries quite clear with you."

"They are! I didn't mean..."

"If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were trying to have sex with me."

"Mr. Howard!" I said in shock. "That's so untrue! I..."

He waves me off to shut up and bursts into laughter.

He's so screwing with me! "I won't lie, seducing you sure has crossed my mind. Haven't you thought about it?" I said with a cocky grin on my face.

"Maybe. But I don't mix business with personal pleasure. So please, behave yourself in my suite."

"Your suite? It was MY booking!"

"And my credit card. Anyways... I'll stay on my side, and you stay on yours."

"Deal."

"Perfect!" The receptionist cuts in, visibly relieved. "Let me have the concierge show you to your rooms."

The concierge takes our bags to the suite, and Greyson and I pick our bedrooms. I spend a few minutes alone, trying to gather my thoughts. I hadn't expected to be living in such close proximity with him... We'll be sharing the bathroom. What if we run into each other in the middle of the night? What if he sleeps naked? I have to calm down. Now is not the time to let my imagination run wild with inappropriate fantasies. You're here to work, Jocelyn.

Greyson comes over and hands me my own key-card.

"Thanks. This is officially the most extravagant hotel I've ever stayed in. I'm not sure the firm will cover all of the costs."

"Don't worry about that. I've already covered it."

"Mr. Howard, you didn't have to do that."

"It's already done. And enough with Mr. Howard. From now on, just call me Greyson, Ms. Brooks."

Very funny Greyson. Two can play at that game. But, he's paying for the suite, I have to contribute as well. "Well then, dinner is on me."

"Don't worry about it, Jocelyn. Just enjoy the perks of the job. Anyways, we have limited time here and so much to do. Our meeting with Carmen Jones, the ex-wife, is tomorrow. I don't want to waste today, so I asked my local P.I. to drop by at the hotel bar."