Chapter 11

My sister was arrested?! Jocelyn: how are you texting me from jail Chloe??

Chloe: I'm not in jail yet but i will be soon if you don't come and bail me out.

Jocelyn: What happened?

Chloe: I got caught under the influence.

Jocelyn: Chloe!

Chloe: It's not what it seems. I promise I can explain when u get here. And please, please, don't tell mom or dad.

Jocelyn: Alright, I'll be right there as soon as I can. You better have a good explanation!

Chloe: I do! I put my phone in my purse and got in my car. I'm going to kill that girl!

30 minutes later: "Jocelyn! I'm so glad to see you! Please can you talk to the policeman who arrested me and tell him to let me go?"

"I will. As soon as you tell me what happened."

"I wasn't drinking alcohol, I swear. But I did eat it."

"Huh?"

"It all started when I found out I failed my college exams today."

"I'm sorry sis, that sucks."

"Yeah, it sucked so bad I ate an entire box of chocolates when I got home. They were the fancy kind that Aunt Sue gets us for birthdays. I didn't realize they had brandy in them!"

"Ah..."

"One thing led to another and the next thing I know I'm being pulled over by this cop. The breathalyzer showed I was over the legal limit, and he arrested me. But I'm sober, I swear! You've got to help me. You can't leave me to rot in jail. You know I'd never survive!"

"I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen."

"You have some lawyer moves you can pull right?"

"Of course! I'm your kick ass sister, after all! Let me speak to the cop and see if we can get you released tonight."

"Thank you, thank you!"

Hmm... Byron texted me suddenly. Hey, its Byron. Hope you don't mind me using your personal number. This may be a little forward, but I was wondering...are you single? Holy shit, wow! I'll deal with him later. I go to talk to the officer.

"Good evening, officer. I believe you arrested my sister, Chloe Anderson, for a DUI charge."

"That would be correct."

"I think there's been a misunderstanding. My sister hasn't been drinking, she's just had too many brandy chocolates. We can both see she's completely sober."

"That's not what my breathalyzer showed."

"Perhaps it had a malfunction? Officer Banks, my sister has a clean record. She'd never do anything dangerous like that."

"I'm sorry, but I've already written her up. It's out of my hands now. You either pay bail, or she's spending the night here."

There's no way I can afford to pay bail. I haven't even had my first paycheck from the firm yet. I could respond to Byron's text message. I know he has money. Maybe I could convince him to help me.

Jocelyn: Hey Byron. I didn't expect to hear from you.

Byron: I know it's bold of me considering you're one of my lawyers... but you caught my eye the other day.

Jocelyn: Actually, I'm glad you messaged me. yes.

Byron: What are you doing right now? want to grab a drink?

Jocelyn: I would love to, but I'm stuck at the police station. My sister needs help. She ate some brandy chocolates, and she was caught by a cop and a breathalyzer. I'm trying to sort her bail out.

Byron: Shit, need any assistance? Actually, why am I asking, you're kicking my ex-wife's butt and your cool for a lawyer. I'll be there ASAP.

I smiled. That was easier than I thought. I find Chloe freaking out. "Did you sort it? Am I free?"

"Not quite. But I've asked for some help."

"Who?"

"One of my clients."

"You're on personal terms with your clients?"

"Only the ones who are handsome and want to take me out." "

Oh, now THAT makes sense."

30 minutes later, Byron shows up. "Hey guys! Nice to see you again, Jocelyn."

"You too, Byron."

"I heard about your incident, Chloe."

"Yup, I didn't know it was possible to get drunk on chocolate."

"I'll go speak to the officer."

"Thank you."

He goes to the officer, and once we're alone, Chloe smiles. "You're right, he's handsome. And so sweet! I can see him over there paying my bail... rich too! I approve of this one."

"He certainly is a huge comparison to college boys."

"Too right."

Byron returns with a smile on his face. "It's all done. I'll call a friend in the morning, and we'll make sure they get this out of your record. You're free to go."

"Thanks!"

"Of course."

"You definitely are not driving tonight."

Chloe laughed. "I know."

"You can stay at place. And Byron?"

"Yes?"

"I'll take you up on your drink offer soon."

"Good." He smiled before leaving.

"Oooo, he likes you!"

"Oh stop, he does not!"

"Oh my god Jocelyn, do you not see it?! He blushes when you're around."

"Possibly."

"You sure I can stay at your place?"

"Of course."

"Yay, sister sleepover!"

"Oh, and Chloe?"

"Yeah?"

"Please start studying for your exams. Or next time I'll leave your butt here."

"Don't worry sis. There won't be a next time."

"Good."