Chapter 15

"Melany found out about the lawsuit. Her mother told her, and now she's disappeared!"

"What do you mean?" Greyson asked, in clear shock. "We're supposed to meet her tomorrow."

"She was upset that I was trying to stop her mother from getting more access. But didn't want to be involved in any of it."

"When did you last see her?" God, he really is sexy.

"We argued over the phone around noon, and when I came home, she wasn't home from school. I knew something was wrong, so I called the college and they said she'd left after lunch because she apparently wasn't feeling well. I thought she might have come here to ask you to stop the case."

"She definitely hasn't been here. Do you have any other ideas?"

"She could have gone to her best friend's house. Or she could be at the library studying. She does have exams after all. Or there is a chance she could have gone to see her mother."

"So, the airport?"

"It's my only other suggestion."

"You've given us 3 options, so we could split up and try each location. Jocelyn, where would you like to try?"

"I can go to the best friend's house."

"She's called Rachel. I'll send you the address."

"I'll take the airport, and Byron, you try the library. We'll regroup afterwards."

Worried but hopeful, I reach my location. Poor Melany, she must've been so upset to find out about the lawsuit. I hope we can find her. I press the doorbell and wait.

"Hello?"

"Hi, you must be Rachel."

"And you are..."

"My name is Jocelyn, and I'm working alongside your friend Melany's father."

"Oh, you're one of the lawyers."

"She told you what's been going on?"

"Yeah, she was pretty upset about it this morning."

"So, you've actually seen her today? We're looking for her actually."

"I haven't seen her since this morning. Has she gone missing? Is she okay?"

"We can't find her right now, but don't worry, we'll find her. As soon as we do, I'll ask her to contact you."

"Is there anything I can do to help?"

"Just stay here, in case she turns up."

"Okay."

"Thanks for your help, Rachel."

"Good luck." Rachel steps back into the house and closes the door.

Damn, I really thought she'd be here. Pulling my phone out of my pocket, I texted Greyson. Any luck?

Greyson: Just found her at the airport.

Jocelyn: On my way.

Thank goodness! The airport is close by, and it isn't long before I find Greyson and Melany.

"Melany, this is my assistant Jocelyn."

"It's nice to finally meet you!"

Melany just rolls her eyes. "Whatever."

"Great, now we just need to get in touch with your dad."

"I'm not speaking to him."

Greyson sighed. "He's your dad, Melany. You have to."