Chapter 29

"Hey, Mom. I'm sorry it had to come to this. Are you angry with me?"

"Not at you." She glances at Byron and I.

"I'm just happy that the verdict won't stop me from spending time with either you or Dad. That is...if you still want to see me? And the whole trust fund thing...it was just making everything so complicated. I don't want the money until I'm ready for it."

Once she's faced with her daughter, Carmen softens her facial expression. "That's quite mature of you, Melany. Most teenagers couldn't be trusted with that amount of money. I must say, I'm impressed with how you've handled yourself throughout this. I know your father and I put you in a difficult position. And this trial made me realize that maybe I could've done things differently as a mother. You've grown into a pretty amazing young woman. I'd still like to get to know you better, trust fund or no trust fund."

A wide grin spreads across Melany's face, and she runs over to embrace her mother. A warm feeling spreads over me. I'm glad Melany finally has a chance to get to know both of her parents. I'm honored that I was able to help make this happen.

Melany waves her mother goodbye and leaves the courtroom with Byron. I'm left standing face to face with Carmen. "You got what you wanted. Congratulations."

"Look, I know it was you who sent Greyson the email yesterday."

"Ah. So, he told you. Well then, it isn't rocket science to work that one out. I wanted to win."

"Melany is just a child, trapped in a legal battlefield between her parents. I wanted to fight for her best interests today. A 17-year-old girl's future means more to me than a leaked sex tape. So, I'm not sorry that I didn't voluntarily lose our case. You can do what you want with that tape. I don't care anymore."

"I doubt that. But you had a lucky escape. The video has been erased."

"What? Why?"

"My accomplice, Mia, betrayed me. I received an email from her during recess, in which she told me something unpleasant. She'd handed over a signed confession to Mr. Howard in exchange for her own freedom. It would have implicated me in sextortion and given him grounds to prosecute unless I deleted the video. It wasn't worth jail time."

"I had no idea."

"Just thank your boss. Maybe he does have more than a single brain cell in that head of his."

Carmen glances behind me, and I look around, startled to Greyson's handsome smile. She rolls her eyes and stomps out of the courtroom, leaving Gabriel and I alone.

I feel so emotional, and I'm desperate to talk to Greyson. I need to say thank you. "I can't believe you pulled that off- you erased our sex tape."

"I can guarantee you there isn't a single copy of it in existence."

"Thank you. You saved my job."

"Of course. You're a natural-born lawyer, Jocelyn. I saw you up there. I managed to sneak in at the end. You were flawless. The way you held your own and read the room, it reminded me of myself when I was starting out. I'm proud of you, baby."

He pulls me into his chest and places a single kiss on my forehead. "Why don't we go celebrate at my place I have a bottle of champagne with your name written on it."

"That sounds perfect." He doesn't need any more prompting. He grabs my hand and leads me out of the courthouse. As we reach Greyson's home, I realize this is the first time I've been here.

"Do you bring many women here?"

"No, never."

"I don't believe that."

"Jocelyn, you're the first."

"I didn't expect your place to be like this."

"Like what?"

"Warm and cozy."

"Why? Because I'm a cold-hearted "shark in a suit"?"

"Precisely." I laugh and go sit on the couch. When I turn around, he is coming to sit next to me with a champagne bottle, two glasses and a bowl of strawberries. "It feels like you panned this..."

"I might have. I knew you'd win. I had to make sure I had a bottle to celebrate." He pops the bottle open, and the fizzy liquid overflows.

"Don't move." He takes a strawberry and brushes it against my lips. "Open." I do as I'm told and part my lips, taking the tip of the strawberry into my mouth. I take a small bite of it, and the sweet flavor explodes on my taste buds. Greyson is watching me, his pupils dilated. He lowers the rest of the strawberry and licks up the remaining juice from my lips. I don't think I've ever been so aroused.

"Here." Without taking his eyes off mine, he moves away and hands me my champagne. He picks up his own and raises it in the air to toast. "To us."

"To us." We clink our glasses together, and I take a heavy gulp from the glass.

"I kind of also have one more thing to celebrate."

"Which is?"

"Jocelyn, when you first started working for me, I didn't know that I'd fall for you like this. Ever. But, seeing how hard you worked, I'd be crazy to let you go."

"What are you trying to say, Greyson?"

"I've made my mistakes, but there's only one woman who I want and that's you, so..."

He pulled something out of his coat pocket and smiled before getting down on one knee. "Jocelyn Brooks, will you marry me?"

"Oh my god, yes!"

He kissed me and slid the ring on my finger.

"I can't believe this, Greyson. It's amazing."

He smiled. "I know."

Unable to fight the separation any longer, we launch for each other. His mouth is heavy and needy on mine. I try and moan at the sheer intensity, but I'm unable to speak or breathe.

My limbs are entangled within his, and our tongues twist together. I'm desperately clinging onto him, as if I might fall if I let go. Without breaking the kiss, he lays me on my back and begins to undress me. He stops once I'm down to my lace underwear, sitting back for a second to admire me.

"How did I get so lucky?"

My chest heaves, and I arch my back toward him. I want him to touch me. "You're ready for me, aren't you, baby?"

"Yes." I reach toward his pants, but he grabs my hand and moves it away.

"No. I want to taste you first." Greyson props his body over mine with one hand, and with the other reaches down to my underwear, and pulls them down my legs. He plants wet kisses from my breasts, down to my stomach and straight to my clit. I know I'm already wet. I feel him exhale against me as he too realizes how ready I am for him.

He rolls his tongue against my clit, and soon I feel his fingers slide inside me too. The feeling of pleasure is almost too much. He's going to make me cum already if he doesn't stop. As if reading my mind, he strips off his own clothes, and positions himself above me. He enters me, gently at first... I raise my hips to meet his, wanting to take him deeper and harder. Heat begins to rise in me, and my body tenses. He picks up the pace, slowing down, then speeding back up... I know I can't last much longer. It only takes a few more thrusts until I'm tipped over the edge.

He soon follows, stimulated by the sight of my orgasms beneath him. "You're so fucking amazing, Jocelyn." he murmurs against my ear, exhausted.

"I could say the same thing about you." We collapse together on the couch, and he pulls a blanket over us. "Would you stay the night?"

"Yes. I'd love to." I shut my eyes and lay my head against his. Just as I'm drifting off to sleep, he picks me up and carries me to his bedroom. I'm completely exhausted after everything we've been through today, but he ended the night with something amazing.

I'm in love with Greyson Howard and he'll be all mine. Forever.