Prologue

For thousands of years, humanity has been the dominant force of life on Earth, but it wasn't always. When the universe was but an infant, there was a race of super predators known as Kaiju. These monstrous beasts eventually became the first of a new breed of monsters called Devils. The Kaiju ranged in both size and power. Some stood thousands of feet tall and had many legs while others were bipedal and stood at just a few hundred feet. Among these creatures were two whose power dwarfed the others. Their names were Gojira and Ghidora. These two titans were the strongest of all and the world population knew that if they were to ever meet in combat, then the result would be total annihilation.

Unfortunately, that's exactly what happened. The two grew too strong and soon met on the field of battle. As the saying goes, there can only be one alpha. That statement could not have been more true for the warring Kaiju. They fought relentlessly with neither coming out on top. Their war brought about the destruction that the world feared. Eventually, they both inflicted mortal wounds on each other to the point where the only solution was to end the fight. With the end of the conflict, the Kaiju retreated beneath the surface of the earth while the two alpha contenders recuperated and regained their former strength.

Their slumber paved the way for humanity's rise to power. With the disappearance of the Kaiju, the humans were left to their own devices. The legends of the Kaiju eventually became just that, legends. They were reduced to mere stories meant to strike fear into the populace. As it turned out, the fear from these stories was accumulated as strength, which was just the right amount needed to awaken the warring demons.

During their slumber, the Devils flourished. Instead of inheriting the traits and powers of their ancestors, the new generation of Devils embodied negative concepts created by humanity. To combat this threat, an organization was built to train humans to fight Devils. Several formerly dormant Kaiju were employed as contractors, making deals with humanity in exchange for power.

As more and more unique Devils popped up, the organization known as Public Safety branched out to other countries in the world before forming an alliance with Monarch, an organization created to study the Kaiju and their origins. As humans began to grow accustomed to fighting the Devils, an entirely new breed appeared. The hybrids are the combination of a Devil replacing the heart of a human, thereby granting said human the ability to transform into the Devil that replaced their heart. Learning of this, the two ancient enemies resolved to find suitable hosts to continue their never-ending war. What would happen if two such hosts were to meet? Well, that's why you're here, isn't it? To see that very possibility?