Chapter 16

Denji ran across the street while Y/n leaped through the air. A well-placed kick from the bat devil sent Denji skidding backward only for him to rebound and immediately slice the devil's chest open. A shower of purple blood shot out.

Bat Devil: YOU REPULSIVE FREAK!!!

Y/n: Watch who you're calling ugly, ugly.

A single punch from Y/n sent a shockwave of pain to every nerve in the bat devil's body. Taking advantage, Denji sprinted toward the devil and unleashed a spinning roundhouse to the devil's shin.

Bat Devil: RAGH, THAT HURTS!!!

Denji: That's payback for squeezing me like an orange earlier!

Y/n: FOCUS DENJI. WE NEED TO-WHOA!

Denji watched as Y/n was hurled overhead, landing in front of a father and his daughter. Leaping up, Denji cleaved through the devil's newly grown right arm and watched it fall to the ground.

Y/n: Take your daughter and get clear, sir. We'll hold it off until Public Safety arrives.

???: R-right. Thank you!

The man grabbed his daughter and ran away as fast as his human legs would allow. Y/n picked himself up right as Denji kicked the devil in the face and knocked it down. 

Bat Devil: If you two insist on saving humans, then let's see you cut through this!

The devil grabbed a car with a man inside and tossed it at the duo. Y/n leaped into action and caught the car before it could hit Denji. He allowed the man to get out before tossing it straight into the face of the bat devil. The car exploded which caused the bat devil to scream in pain as the flames burned its flesh. 

Denji: Take that, fucker!

Y/n: It's not over yet Denji.

Denji: Aw man.

Once the flames had cooled down, the bat devil inhaled air before unleashing a sonic boom that ripped through the building behind Denji and Y/n.

Y/n: AGH!!!

Clutching the side of his head in pain, Y/n's devil body turned to ash as his human self was revealed.

Denji: Y/n!

Bat Devil: So, you're weak to sound huh? That's good to know.

Y/n collapsed from fatigue, much to Denji's horror.

Denji: No. Y/n don't die!

Bat Devil: Don't worry, he's not dead yet.

Denji: YOU MOTHERFUCKER. HOW DARE YOU HURT MY FRIEND!!!

With one big swing, Denji ripped through the bat devil's stomach. The wound was so big that the intestines came flying out along with a large amount of blood. The bat devil collapsed to the ground. Denji's sudden attack had been a one-hit kill.

With the bat devil dead and no immediate threats, Denji walked over to its corpse and ripped the stomach open before pulling Power out. Luckily she and Meowy were both still alive. Power clutched Meowy's cage close to her body with a sad look on her face.

Power: Why did you save me? I tried to kill you.

Instead of talking, Denji pointed to her chest and made a squeezing gesture. 

Power: Such a foolish reason. Where is the other one? The one that smelled like my liege.

Denji suddenly remembered that Y/n had been downed by the bat devil's sonic boom attack. He set Power down and raced over to his friend.