15

CHAPTER 15
Domenico

Speeding out of my driveway, the only thing I could think about was how sexy Catalina looked while receiving that little punishment for her disobedience. I didn't want to leave her, but more than that, I hated lying to her about where I was really going.

However, I couldn't worry about that right now. I needed to get my mind straight, and that wouldn't happen if I keep thinking about her. Before Catalina came to my house, I received a call from Matteo, informing me that one of our lower-level guys was asking a lot of questions about the warehouses we have.

He was asking shit like where they could be located, and how much product we have there. Things I didn't feel comfortable with someone poking around in. So, I had Matteo and Salvatore bring him along with the other lower-levels to our abandoned spot. Enzo and I used to take care of problems like this. I needed to have a little conversation with him, and I had a feeling things were about to get messy.

Usually, this was the type of shit Lorenzo took care of. But since he was in Italy for a few more days, I felt it couldn't wait and decided to handle it on my own. I needed to sort this out and figure out why this kid thought it so vital to ask questions about things he had no business fucking bothering with. My guess was that he was working for somebody who wanted to take us down. The Luna brothers, perhaps?

Pulling into the warehouse, I spotted Matteo, Salvatore, and the other men crowded around Mickey, who was currently tied up to a chair with a burlap sack over his head. Prior to getting out of the car, I reached into my glove compartment, grabbed my piece, and slipped it into the back of my jeans.

I walked over to the men and nodded at Salvatore, who quickly pulled the satchel off Mickey's head. When his eyes connected to mine, I could see how terrified he was. Fuck. The kid looked about the same age I was when I first got into the business. Since Lorenzo does the recruiting, I didn't know him all that well. I made it a point not to have conversations with any of them. I wanted them to know that I was their boss, not their friend. I needed them to fear me.

"I've heard you've been asking a lot of questions. That true?"

"N-no, sir." Mickey shook his head, his voice small and weak.

"So, then you're calling my right hand here a liar?" I implored, pointing in Matteo's direction, not breaking eye contact as he shook his head again.

Fuck, this kid was already testing my lack of patience.

"Look, kid, I don't like people poking around in shit they have no business worrying about, and I don't like liars. So, you're going to tell me what I need to know, or I'm going to fucking beat it out of you. Do we understand each other?"

"Yes, I-I understand, s-sir." Mickey nodded rapidly, tears welling in his brown, panic filled eyes.

"Good. So, who do you work for?" I tapered my eyes at him, wadding both fists as I waited for him to respond.

"S-Sir, I don't understand the question. I-I-I work for you and Lorenzo."

Dissatisfied with his generic answer, my left fist connected to his jaw with so much force, blood shot out of his lying mouth, and that was all it took for me to lose my composure. 

"Who! Are! You! Working! For!" I hammered between blows.

When I drew back, he slumped forward, blood pouring out of his skull. Nonetheless, refusing to answer my question.

"Still no answer, Mickey? I guess we're going to have to take it a step further." I walked back to my black Maserati, popped the trunk, and took out a pair of shiny silver pliers from my tool bag.