25

CHAPTER 25
Lorenzo

"She left with him? She left with him, and you just let her!" I shouted at my brother, who was sitting on the couch, bent over with his hands in his hair.

"What the hell did you want me to do? Snatch her up, drag her back with me and chain her to the fucking bed?" Nic asserted, looking up with a death glare.

"Fuck, I would have!" I clapped back, infuriated by how calm he was being about the whole thing.

"Yeah, I'm sure you would have, considering you've been Olivia's goddamn lapdog for the last few weeks."

"Oh, just me?" I cut my eyes at him.

"You act like you're not fucking her, too, Nicky boy. I said I'm handling it," I barked out, not wanting to have this argument again. I was two seconds from hopping into the car and busting in Matteo's front door.

Catalina probably went home; I needed to chill the fuck out.

"Right. Handling what exactly?" Nic scoffed, nostrils flared, and his jaw tightened.

"Remember why we're still fucking her. And why it is we're in this goddamn situation in the first place, Lorenzo. I think I've been more than patient about this thing with Olivia. But it's starting to wear thin, especially at the expense of losing Catalina. I've already lost too much, E. I'm not losing her over this shit. I won't. And don't fucking call me that."

"Yeah, well, it looks like Catalina and Matteo have other plans. I'm going to fucking kill that guy. I don't care that we've known him since we were fucking kids. He is a dead man." I tightened my fist, knowing damn well I wasn't going to kill the kid. I just liked saying it out loud. But that didn't mean I wasn't goning to pound on him when he came into work tomorrow.

"As I said before, Nic, I got it. I have something motivating me more than ever now. Okay, big brother? Just a little more time."

"What the hell did you expect? You've been around her, and you know how easy it is to get caught up in Catalina more than anyone, and I hope so, little brother, because I hate fucking lying to her," Nic spat, disdain heavy in his voice. I knew he missed her because I missed her, too. Shit was so fucked up. Now she was with him and that shit fucked with me.

Hard.

I don't know how to explain, but the woman has made me feel things I hadn't in a while. So when I heard that piece of shit ex-boyfriend of hers call her out of her fucking name, I lost my shit. I did have to admit, though, watching her kick the shit outta that bitch made my cock rock fucking hard.

"Do you think I like lying to her?" I yelled at Nic, letting my anger get the better of me. "And I expected him to drive her home like we asked him to. Not to start catching fucking feeling for the girl."

Our girl, I thought to myself, furrowing my eyebrows. I huffed in frustration, walked over to my desk, and yanked open the top drawer. To rid my thoughts of Catalina with him, I pulled out a spliff, brought it to my lips, lit it up, and deeply inhale. I closed my eyes, letting the herb fill my lungs before I slowly exhaled a cloud of smoke along with a bit of my anger.

Fuck, Nic was right. This was my fucking fault. I blamed him and everyone else, but this was on me. I wished I could go back and change everything. I wished I had used my fucking head before I acted. But it was too late for that now. What's done was done, and I had to live with that. I never expected I'd be dragging Nic down into the bullshit with me. Or we'd be losing the one woman we'd come to care about after all these years.

I swore to Nic I would find a fucking way to fix everything when shit went down ten years ago. Yet the only thing I managed to do was make us Olivia's little bitches. If her father wasn't who he was, I would've put a bullet between her fucking eyes years ago.