51

CHAPTER 51
Lorenzo
Sunday Midnight

Nic was on the phone with the clean-up crew while I sat across the desk from him, thinking about our girl. The way Catalina looked at me was still burned into my head. She was so hurt, and I understood. Part of me hurt for her but the other part was happy she finally knew. This was our life and if she was going to spend the rest of hers with us, she needed to know.

"Can't believe you let her leave."

"And what would you have me do, asshole? Chain her to the chair?" My older brother's eyes cut to me in irritation, hanging up the phone. I knew he was pissed, but I didn't give a fuck.

"What the fuck? No. But letting her go was stupid." I shook my head. "She could go to the cops." I said what we both knew but hadn't wanted to say out loud.

Did I feel bad putting a bullet in that dumbass's skull? No. Did I feel like shit Cat had to see it happen? Again, no. This was me, and I wouldn't apologize for it anymore. I liked killing. I got a rush from seeing the light go out in the eyes of those I deemed fit and, frankly, I'm tired of hiding it.

"She wouldn't do that," Nic said, sounding unsure of his own words. Even he knew that my statement held some truth, I could see the worry in his face. I was about to tell him we should go check on her when my phone started to ring.

I yanked it out of my pocket, seeing Lola's name light up on my screen. I didn't want to talk to her right now, so I ignored it, shoving my phone back into my slacks. Then Nic's phone went off and he did the same. We had enough going on at the moment and having our little sister yell at us wasn't something either of us wanted to deal with. Or so we thought. Our office door flew open, and she stomped into the room with fire blazing in her big, blue eyes. We really needed to change the fucking lock code.

"What the fuck have you two shit heads down now?" Lola yelled, hands on her hips.

"Watch it," Nic snapped at her, getting up from his chair.

"No, you watch it," she shouted back. "I told you the last time you fucked up if you weren't going to treat her right, then leave her alone!"

"Lo, chill, we just got into a little disagreement." I smiled up at my raging little sister. "Nothing to worry your pretty little head about."

"Little disagreement!" Lola shrieked, waving her hands in the air. "Little disagreement? Is that why I found this on her bedroom dresser when I got home?" She whipped a piece of paper down onto the desk scribbled in Catalina's handwriting that read:

I'm sorry, Lo, but I just can't...
I will be in touch when I'm ready to talk.
Please don't try to find me. I'm safe.
Love you always, Cat.

"Her clothes and everything were gone too," Lola said, shaking her head.

My heart was pounding out of my chest as I sat reading the letter over and over. Crumpling the piece of paper, I shot up from the chair, ready to go after our girl. Wherever she had gone, she couldn't have gotten too far. Then I remembered after that accident Nic and I had put a tracker in her phone. It seemed like he was on the same page as I was because I whipped his laptop open and began tapping away.

"Fuck." Nic raked a hand through his hair as he looked at our little sister and I furrowed my brow, wondering what was going on. "Do you have her phone?" he asked and my eyes shot in her direction too.

"Yeah," Lola said, reaching into her bag. "Cat left it beside the note along with these." She placed her phone down on the surface of the wooden desk, followed by her three-piece engagement ring.

My gaze connected with Nic's, and we knew she was gone.

TO BE CONTINUED ...

ツ hope you enjoyed it.

Vote ♡ Comment ♡ Like ♡