22

CHAPTER 22
Catalina

I was in the Uber on my way to meet Lo. Looking out the foggy window, Matteo's words replayed over and over in my head.

'Acting like you weren't using me to make them jealous.' 

I told him I wasn't and meant it. I shouldn't go there with him again because as much as I was trying to fight it, I still thought about them all the time.

Sighing, realization washed over me. I had been putting on a good front with everyone because I didn't want to seem affected. I especially didn't wish Nic and Enzo to think they had some kind of hold over me. But after everything that happened with Matteo, I sat in the shower and cried. For the first time since all that shit went down, I let myself feel it.

It was painful because Nic and Enzo didn't respect me. If they did, they would have never ambushed me with Olivia. Hell, they would have defended me. Yet they just sat there and didn't say a word. That shit hurt. My phone vibrated in my lap, yanking me from my thoughts, and I looked down to see Lola's name on the screen.

L: Bitch, where the hell are you? Oh my God, are you fucking Matty right now?! Has my fucking ship sailed?!

I snorted and shook my head.

C: Oh my god, Lola, chill. I'm in the Uber now, about to pull up.

L: I know something happened! I want all the deets too, you little dirty slut.

C: Yeah, yeah, wannabe cupid, be there in two.

L: K byeeeeee, hoe.

Walking into the restaurant, I quickly spotted Lo sitting at a table with two gorgeous women. One with dark hair almost as black as the midnight sky. The other woman was her polar opposite with fiery orange ombre hair; both had the brightest candy apple green eyes I'd ever seen. I approached the group of ladies as they were all laughing, drinking, and carrying on.

"Hey, ladies, sorry I'm late," I said, drawing the attention of everyone at the table.

"Oh. My. God. Finally! I'm Sophie." The orange-haired one said as both women stood from their seats. Sophie pulled me into a hug. She towered above my small frame, making me feel extra tiny. She was tall and slim, like a supermodel.

"We've heard so much about you. It's nice to finally put a face to all the stories Lola has told us. I'm Elisa." The raven-haired woman said, pulling me into another warm hug. Elisa was more my height, though she was a bit thicker than me. She had curves on curves on curves.

"It's nice to meet you both, too. I've heard so much about you all as well."

I was so grateful to be meeting some new people. People in our city weren't the warmest, so maybe we all could bond, and they could help keep my mind off all the BS in my life right now. I took a seat and watched Elisa and Sophie started a side conversation about some hot professor that taught their economics class.

"You're late 'cause you were fucking. Weren't you?" Lola whispered to me, pursing her lips with a questioning eyebrow. I lightly gasped and brought a hand to my chest, faking shocked.

"Lola Mariano. I did no such thing," I whispered back, acting offended by her question, and we both laughed.

"I know, I know. But you can't blame a bitch for hoping. I like him for you." Lola tilted her head, and the look on her face tells me she was more disappointed than she's letting on.

"Yeah, but we're just friends, Lo. It wouldn't be fair to him if we went there. He doesn't deserve to be toyed with, and I can't give him all of me right now because of—" I shook my head and stopped myself from saying their names. That would be me finally admitting that my stupid ass was still thinking about them and where things could have gone between us.