18

CHAPTER 18
Liam

Still Saturday

"Liam, baby, have you seen my toothbrush?" I heard Katie's high-pitched voice screech from the bathroom. Letting out a frustrated sigh before I rolled over to my back, stretching out my limbs on the California king behind me. I yawned, looking up at the ceiling.

"It's in the middle drawer."

"Why'd you move it, babe?"

Annoyed, I ran a hand over my face, ignoring her question.

I've noticed she started to gradually leave her shit over here every time we hooked up. But she is just a means of keeping my bed warm. I want Catalina back. So, I hide it. If she were to come over here and see all of her ex-roommate's shit all over my apartment, I doubt she'd be willing to even talk to me.

Yes, I fucked up, but it wasn't like Catalina made it hard for me. She always pushed me away. Always found something to bitch at me about. I got tired of it. So can you blame me for caving when Katie took it upon herself to come over to my apartment to comfort me after one of our fights? At first, I felt like shit fucking around with Katie behind Cat's back. However, the more we messed around, the less I cared.

"Hey, baby, did you hear me calling you?" Katie pulled me from my thoughts. She crawled up the bed and settled between my legs.

"Nah, what's up?"

"I said, are we hanging out tonight, or are you still waiting for that dumb bitch to come knocking on your door?"

"Don't call her that."

"All I'm saying is little miss precious Catalina isn't as innocent as you think she is. Everyone thinks she's so fucking perfect. I can't stand that bitch. She always won, but not this time. This time, it was me. I got you. Plus, didn't she fuck someone else?"

Katie rolled her eyes as she spit out Cat's name. Her hands slid up my bare legs before rubbing a hand over my dick through my briefs, and I fought the urge to tell her to get off me.

I hated how she thought this shit was some competition. Like somehow, whatever we were doing could ever compare to what Cat and I had together. I won't lie when Catalina said she had moved on from me. I was pissed. So goddamned pissed that I immediately left her house in a fit of rage, and I went straight to Katie's place. I needed to rid myself of the anger that was pulsing through my veins. So, I fucked her until I felt absolutely nothing. That's what Katie is for me. A distraction. I could never love her. Shit, I didn't want to. I wanted Catalina back.

My baby girl.

When I was done fucking Katie, it suddenly dawned on me. Catalina definitely only said that she hooked up with some random guy to get under my skin. But I knew her, and I knew she would never do something like that. Sleeping with a stranger wasn't in her nature. She was too much of a prude to do something like that. Fuck, it took me forever to get into her pants, and when we finally did do it, let's say things were just a little bit vanilla. That's the other reason I still fucked around with Katie. She was willing to do any and everything I asked just to keep me.

"She wouldn't do that!" I barked, pushing her off me. She fell to her back, hitting the mattress with a thud.

"What the fuck, Liam?" Katie yelled, sitting up on her elbows.

"Even if that bitch didn't sleep with someone else, do you really think she wants your ass back? I can answer that for you. Nope! Liam, you fucked me for a year and a half. So, your precious little cunt of an angel will never forgive you! Sorry, not sorry!"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, KATIE! AND DON'T TALK ABOUT HER LIKE THAT! YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT!" I roared, jumping up and off the bed, my blood boiling. I needed her to get the fuck out of my face before I did something I regretted.