29

CHAPTER 29
Catalina
Sunday

When daylight came, I found myself packing my things in a rush. I left notes for Matteo and the rest of the house, letting them know I had gone. I almost missed Tristan by a hair, but thankfully, he had not pulled off yet. I hurried down the driveway and knocked on the car window of his passenger side.

"Hey, do you mind giving me a lift back to the city?"

"Not at all. Hop in, Catalina." Tristan unlocked the door for me, and I quickly threw my things into the backseat.

"So, what has you going back so early?" he inquired as we drove further and further away from the gorgeous cabin.

"I just have some unfinished business I need to resolve," I answered as I looked out the window. At the same time, I tried to devise a plan in my head for what I would say to Domenico and Lorenzo. As much as I hated to admit it, Matteo was right. I needed to figure my shit out with them, and I guess there's no time like the present. I just hoped they were ready for me.

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

I immediately got in my car when Tristan dropped me back home. We barely spoke on the ride back. I was too preoccupied practicing what I was going to say. Or who I was going to talk to first. Or if I wanted to speak with both of them at the same time.

Now, I sat parked in front of Nic's house, wondering what the hell I was even doing here. After ten long minutes of anxiously drumming my thumbs along the top of the steering wheel. I huffed to myself while I tried to work up the courage. As though a two-hour drive wasn't enough time. I had to do this. I needed to. I had come too far to turn back now, right? I sucked in a nervous breath and opened my car door. Before I could lose my nerve, I stepped out of my car and exhaled deeply.

"Here goes nothing. You got this, Cat." I spoke to myself. My voice a little shakier than I'd like, but I shook it off. Well, kind of. On edge, I raked my fingers through my wavy mane as I walked up to Domenico's front door, then rang the buzzer.

No one answered. So, I rang it again.

"What am I doing here?" I whispered. I turned to leave when I heard the door open behind me.

"Well, look what the cat drug in?" A familiar high-pitched voice cut through my eardrums. My body immediately tensed. Fuck me. I spun on my heels and found myself face to face with stupid bitch Barbie herself. "Did you come to see my man? If so, he's still in bed. I wore him out last night." Olivia laughed and crossed her arms over her chest, and her movement pushed her fake breast up.

I cringed thinking about them in bed together.

Keep your cool, Cat. She isn't worth it. I took a step in her direction as I let her words roll off my back and took a deep breath. Then I plastered a fake smile on before I spoke.

"Look, Olivia," I breathed out. "I'm not here to fight with you, okay?" I shrugged and took another step forward. "They lied to both of us, and I just..." I tucked a piece of loose hair behind my ear. Then I reached out and lightly brushed my fingers over her arm as I tried to make the gesture seem friendly. "Think that we shouldn't be enemies here. We're on the same side, and I just want some answers, okay?" Olivia stared at me in confusion for a second as she furrowed her eyebrows. Then she looked down, where my hand was still on her arm, before she reached up to smack it away.

"Oh, honey, we are not the same. They just fucked you out of boredom." Olivia's wretched green eyes swept over me while she laughed, and I felt the anger I had struggled to keep at bay rise. "Domenico and Lorenzo are marrying me. So no, your trailer trash ass can't talk to them." My head spun as I tried to process the words that had just come out of her mouth. Olivia propped her hand on her hip before she continued. "You want answers? Well, I'll give you your answers. They used you! That fucking simple! You were an easy lay, Cristina. That's all! Now, if you don't mind, get the fuck out of here, and if you know what's right for you, quit!"