35

CHAPTER 35
Catalina
Tuesday

I exhaustedly stretched my limbs, yawning as I arched my back off the bed. Last night, when we got to Nic's vacation home, I was still irritated with him and Enzo. So I took it upon myself to sleep in one of his guest rooms. I was still confused about all the things I felt yesterday. I still didn't know what was to come of the Olivia situation. Or where I stood with Matteo after he told me he needed space from me.

However, his other words were stuck on repetition in my brain. "After watching you with them. I have never been more inclined to pick your ass up, carry you to the bathroom and fuck you until you forget your own name, gattina. So you should get up and go back to your boyfriends before I lose my senses and get us both in trouble."

I let out a frustrated sigh and rolled out of bed before making my way to the bathroom to freshen up. The worst part of all of this was that I wanted Enzo and Nic to be honest with me, while I couldn't be honest about my feelings for Matteo. I was utterly selfish. I knew this. Yet it didn't stop me from lusting after the three of them. I craved Nic's control and the way he absolutely knew how to put me in my place. I thirsted for Enzo's impulsiveness and the way he made me feel free. That should have been enough, and yet I found myself also yearning for Matteo's morality, how sweet and gentle he was with me.

I was sick. I felt incomplete without the three of them, and I had no idea what to do about it.

Once I was dressed, I roamed into the Spanish-style kitchen and was greeted with silence. It looked clean and untouched, which made me wonder if I was the first to wake.

Biting my bottom lip, I decided it was time to face the music, so I turned on my heels to find Nic and Enzo.

I walked unhurriedly while exploring Nic's stunning home, much like his house in Florida. There was beautiful art that covered the cream-colored walls. Everything in this home was color neutral. It was clean and crisp, just like Domenico Mariano. No bright colors. No mess. No clutter. Simple and elegant, just like him. After making my rounds, I came up fruitless in my search, so I wandered back to the kitchen and was met with Matteo.

My heart clenched. Matteo was sitting on a stool at the island with his head facing downward as he scrolled through his phone. My mouth went dry as I took him in. He seemed to be incredibly focused on whatever he was looking at. His long fingers brushed over the screen of his device, while a few strands of his raven hair fell over his forehead as his tongue slowly swept over his bottom lip.

Christ, did he have to be so good-looking? 

"Ahem," I cleared my throat, attracting those radiant silver eyes to look my way. He stood from the chair, sliding behind the counter before walking over to me.

I gulped and tried not to picture all the images of us I had in the bathroom on the flight over, but I couldn't shake them. Matteo narrowed his eyes like he was trying to read my mind as he towered over me. My breathing slightly began to pick up at the heat of remembering Matteo, Nic, and Enzo ravishing me as it spread through my body. I had envisioned Matteo being in parts of me I had never let another man be in. 

"Good morning, Catalina."

"Morning," I replied, snapping out of my foolish cloud of thoughts.

"Are you okay?"

"Yup." I averted my gaze because I felt like he was seeing too much of me. "What are you doing here?"

"Your boyfrien—" Matteo started, but I cut my eyes at him. "Uh, Domenico and Lorenzo are busy this morning. They had something to take care of and told me to chauffeur you around today, showing you the sights or whatever."