36

CHAPTER 36
Catalina

Matteo stumbled back before finding his bearings and squaring his shoulders at Lorenzo.

"You think you can kiss our girl and get away with it?" Lorenzo let out a sinister laugh as he barreled toward Matteo, ready to demolish him. However, in a split second, Matteo sidestepped, and his fist connected with Lorenzo's face, causing his head to roll back.

"Your girl? You mean your fiancée, Olivia?" Matteo said pointedly and went to punch him again, but Lorenzo blocked his fist, pushing him backward.

"Don't fucking talk about what the fuck you don't know!" Lorenzo growled, grabbing Matteo by the collar of his shirt, pinning him up against the wall, his word spewing in Matteo's face.

I went to step between them, but immediately felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist, holding me in place.

"Not going to happen, little one. They're big boys. Plus, this shit has been a long time coming," Nic mumbled in my ear, trying to calm me, but it only further pissed me off.

Nic was bigger than both of them. He could have put a stop to the bullshit if he wanted to. But rather than argue with him, I kept my mouth shut and brought my focus back to Lorenzo and Matteo, who were still at each other's throats.

"Fuck you, Lorenzo, you don't deserve her." Matteo spat out, his face inches from Lorenzo's, and I felt like I was going to be sick. "You never fucking have! Punching me isn't going to change that, so go ahead. Do your worst." He butted his head with the front of Enzo's face, connecting with a loud thud, and I cringed.

"Are you gonna do anything?" I finally snapped at Nic, who was still holding me. I watched Lorenzo let out a maniacal laugh as he swiped his tongue over his bloody bottom lip before his fist smashed into Matteo's right cheek.

"Like I said, they're big bo—"

"Oh, fuck what you said, you oversized gorilla!" I yelled, cutting him off. I stomped on his right foot while thrusting my arm back and connecting with Nic's rib cage, which did absolutely nothing to his massive body. The only damage my elbow did to this beast of a man was provoking a growl to leave his chest that radiated down my spine.

"You're gonna pay for that later, little one," Nic snarled in my ear before unbuttoning his grip on my waist, letting me go, and walking over to Matteo and Lorenzo, who were sending blow after blow to each other.

His threatening words sent a jolt of electricity through my body, awakening my lust for him. I pressed my thighs together to dull the sudden aching pulse between my legs. Cursing myself, I shook my head and quickly reminded myself now was not the time.

"That's enough!" Nic bellowed, yanking them off one another by the collars of their shirts as though the two men were a pair of rag dolls.

Each of them flying to opposite ends of the hallway. Despite the dim light, I could still make out the welts beginning to form on each Matteo's and Lorenzo's handsome faces. I stepped toward them to open my mouth to say... I didn't even know what.

One of the bouncers from the club came rushing into the empty hall. Nic's back was to the man, and he was still holding his arms outward, pinning each man to the wall.

"Not sure what's going on here, but you need to get the fuck out of the club."

The man spoke with a heavy Spanish accent, drawing the attention of Nic, Enzo, and Matteo as Nic released the two idiots, and their heads collectively snapped in the poor bouncer's direction as I watched realization wash over his grim expression.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry, Mr. Mariano's. My boss sent me to take care of a situation. I had no idea." The six-foot-something man shrunk a bit as he apologized to Nic and Enzo.