Chapter 9

Hinata was training herself early in the afternoon when Hiashi came into the dojo and took a seat by one of the hanging wall scrolls. "Hinata, come sit down here for a moment please."

Hinata knew there was something he wanted to ask her. The tone of voice said it all. Since he didn't use the stern tone he possessed when demanding an audience, that meant he didn't require her attention for something, just requested it. Hiashi could sometimes be a difficult man to read if you weren't around him as much as other Hyuugas were. Sensing nothing wrong, but still being wary, she obeyed and sat across from him. "Wh-what is o-on your mind Otou-san?"

"Oh, I've heard something rather interesting this morning, from your cousin. It appears that the Uzumaki boy has gained a child recently. A young girl in fact who's a lot like him." He started. Her reaction showed no outward signs of fear, but rather foreknowledge of the situation. "And I was told you had taken a shine to the child as well."

"Is... is that a problem?" Hinata asked with a tiny frown beginning to form.

Hiashi shook his head. "Not at all. Why would you think that?"

"Then what exactly are you wanting to know about? You already know the facts from Neji-nii-san and surely that alone told you how I'm involved so are you just wanting to hear it from me?"

Hiashi was impressed she didn't stutter and she looked more than ready to fight for her right to be involved in Naruto's life. "Actually I was wondering what your thoughts on this and your involvement are."

Hinata looked mildly surprised. "Well, I plan on he-helping Naruto-kun because he needs help with caring for her."

Hiashi decided to toy with her a bit here. "So you plan on being her mother, is that it?"

Hinata blushed and looked away. "Why does everybody ask me that?"

"I didn't hear a 'no'." Hiashi replied, making Hinata blush deeper and struggle to come up with some sort of response quickly. "Don't worry about it daughter. I wasn't being serious. But if I was, then I must say your heart is in the right place." That made Hinata relax. "Why don't you invite her and Naruto-san over tonight?"

"Sure, I'll go ask them." Hinata told him.

Hiashi nodded and rose. As he walked away he decided to have some more fun with her. "It would be good to get to know my future granddaughter."

Hinata couldn't think of a comeback before he left. Deciding to save it for later, she got up and headed out. Before she got to the front door, she ran into Hanabi who was outside practicing with shurikens. "Hi Onee-san. Heading out?"

"Yes. I'll be back shortly."

Hanabi turned away with a telltale grin. "Say 'hi' to my niece and brother-in-law for me."

Hinata rushed out looking like she was going to die of terminal blushing while Hanabi had to decency to hold off on laughing until she was out of sight.

Hinata used her byakugan to find Naruto and Akane, figuring they weren't at his apartment this time of day. Knowing Naruto, he was either at Ichiraku's, the hokage tower, or one of the training grounds he used. She first went to Ichiraku's, where he wasn't, then went to the training grounds since they were closer than the tower. Her byakugan showed that he was working with Akane and three other kids wearing hitai-ates, most likely genins. Akane was trying to climb a tree while the others were trying to walk on water.