Chapter 36

Naruto had a clone confirm Madara's death by cutting off his mummified head. Even if by some miracle he wasn't dead before, he surely was now. Still, burning the body was probably the next best thing to do here. The clone dispersed and the real one patted the nine-tailed red fox on the head. "You did good, Akane-chan."

Her tails started wagging. "Thanks Otou-san. Think I got what it takes to be the hokage after you?"

"After seeing that, of course. You still gotta wait until you're older you know." They heard some rustling behind them. "Better turn back to your other form." Akane nodded and transformed into a normal child. Then the two stood up and went to see what was going on. "Oh, thanks for the help guys. You can probably go home now." He told the two old toads.

Ma and Pa Toad disconnected from his shoulders and landed on the ground. "Great work sonny. See you next time." Pa told him.

"You'll forgive us if we say we're not hoping you'll need us again so soon I hope." Ma added.

Naruto nodded. "Sure. Again, thanks." The toads disappeared, and Naruto released his sage appearance, looking normal again.

Hinata and Tsunade were kneeling next to the four foreign kages, who now looked like they could move under their own power again. Hinata noticed Naruto and Akane approach, looking well and unhurt, and immediately embraced her fiancee. "Is it... over?"

"You bet. He's gone for sure this time."

"Thanks kami." Hinata stated before moving to hug Akane. "Don't you ever scare me like that again. By the way, you're still grounded for a week."

"But Okaa-san..."

"You want it to be absolutely no ramen? I'll tell the Ichiraku's."

Akane whimpered and answered meekly and quietly. "I'll be good."

Tsunade approached and patted Naruto on the shoulder. "Congrats gaki. Once we get home, that jounin promotion's officially yours. You've definitely earned it."

"Thanks baa-chan. So when do I become rokudaime?"

"After I teach you the ropes and retire, knucklehead."

"What exactly happened?" The raikage asked as soon as he stood up, just before the other kages did too.

"The last of the Akatsuki is gone. We don't have to worry about them anymore, thanks to Naruto Uzumaki here." Tsunade told them all.

All kages looked at the blonde shinobi, but Gaara was the first to do anything. He stepped forward, smiled, and offered out his hand. "I always knew it would be you Uzumaki to finish the job. Well done."

Naruto took his hand. "Coming from you Gaara that means a lot. Thanks."

"What about Sasuke Uchiha? What's going on in regards to him?" The raikage asked sternly.

"He's disarmed." Naruto told him. "Unless he gets healed by someone as good as baa-chan-"

"And I'm not going to, not that way anyway." Tsunade interjected.

"Anyway, he'll most likely never be a ninja again." Naruto finished.

"Not good enough. He needs to be punished like the villain he is." The raikage insisted, thinking of Kirabi at the moment.