Chapter 41

The day had finally come, the day of Naruto and Hinata's wedding. Only two months after Akane entered their lives. This was pretty soon by civilian standards, but then again ninja lived by a different set of rules. Long engagements were never common among ninjas, since that just ran the risk of not living long enough to actually get married. Besides, Hinata was downright impatient when it came to officially becoming Naruto's wife. So impatient that virtually every detail of the ceremony had already been prepared for.

Whenever questions regarding planning for the wedding came up, Hinata surprised everyone by having about 98% of the whole thought already thought out. She had been planning this for quite some time. She had decided on the decorations, the guest list, the catering, the location, the music, and even the outfits. Naruto was impressed and maybe a little intimidated that she had been doing this ever since they started regularly dating. She said it had just been a pet project for her that was coming in very handy right now. So far the only things she hadn't already selected were the brides maids outfits, and some details she left specifically to Naruto.

Not to say Hinata was some sort of bride-zilla. When considering all things she made sure to keep his interests in mind too. Some of the decorations and even food selected were more for him then for her. And the tuxedo she had made especially for him had some light orange lining on the edges, not abundant because even Hinata disliked the idea of an orange tuxedo. She almost never made a decision here that was purely just for her. When asked why, her answer was that she wasn't going to be the only one up at the altar so he deserved to be considered in designing the ceremony too. Hinata felt most brides forgot that little detail.

The ceremony was held inside one of Konoha's chapels, and it was packed. Tsunade was going to act as the priest since the hokage had the legal right to do so in ninja weddings and she wasn't going to be denied this right. Shizune had been selected as the maid of honor and Neji got to be Naruto's best man. Sakura, Ino, and Tenten were Hinata's brides maids, dressed in a yellow outfit Ino had picked and Hinata liked. Kiba, Shino, and Lee were Naruto's supporting men, all dressed in normal tuxedos. You could actually see all of Shino's face now, even his eyes, which surprised everyone. There were no ring bearers or flower girls here so the kids had nothing to do but sit down and watch.

So far the seats were occupied by virtually everyone who knew Naruto and Hinata. Those from Konoha consisted of Kakashi, Yamato, Iruka, Teuchi, Ayame, Hiashi, Hanabi, a few more Hyuuga Naruto didn't recognize, Anko, Ibiki, Izumo, Kotetsu, Gai, Kurenai with her son, Tsume, Hana, Shiba and her parents, Tenten's father and Noburo, Konohamaru, Moegi, Udon, Ebisu, Shino's parents, Ino's parents, Shikamaru and his parents, Chouji and his parents, some Anbu and civilians who liked the couple, surprisingly Sakura's mother, and of course Akane.

There were also several from outside Konoha that made it to the ceremony. Attending were Gaara and a pregnant Matsuri with their two bijuu children, which Matsuri took a liking to instantly, Temari, Kankuro, Isaribi, Tazuna, Tsunami, Inari, Gamakichi, Gamatatsu, and surprisingly Shion. That last one was a little awkward for Naruto, because after he finally figured out what she meant when she asked him to help her continue the priestess line, he had to tell her he didn't at the time know what she meant and already had a girlfriend. Shion surprisingly took it well, and said if he ever changed his mind, the offer would still be available. Hinata had said nothing about it because she trusted Naruto and knew he wouldn't do anything to hurt her. That didn't mean she wasn't upset about the idea though.

The ceremony was about to start, and everyone was in place. Naruto saw Akane sitting between Shiba and Hanabi looking a little bored and fiddling with a hollow rubber ball, the next stage of the rasengan training. She was getting closer to being able to make a working one, but wasn't quite there yet. Nevertheless, he was proud of her progress with it. Same for the Konohamaru troops, since Moegi and Udon each finally managed to make one with a shadow clone too.