Chapter 40

Night came and everyone in the Konoha 11 was ready to go to sleep. Akane had already gone to bed and Hinata was planning on staying the night in the apartment anyways, liking being able to see her fiancee and daughter when she woke up. Naruto wouldn't protest that and apparently neither would Hiashi. If anything the Hyuuga head liked that she wanted this, not that he had any desire to be rid of her. Hanabi seemed to like it too, and Neji seemed to be the only one cautious about it. He wasn't going to stop her, but he did give Naruto a word of warning though.

Neji's exact words were, "Just remember, we can see if her barrier is intact or not."

Naruto's response to that was, "And why would you be looking there at your own cousin? Hinata told me you had some weird fetishes but nothing like that."

Let's just say the two had their first real fight since the chuunin exams, until Hinata stopped them that is. Neither could bring themselves to tell her exactly what had sparked it though.

Sometime around midnight after three hours of sleeping comfortably, Akane heard a light knock on her window and irritably woke up. When she looked out, she saw a woman wearing a red kimono with auburn hair perched on the tree next to the building. She didn't recognize the woman, but felt she should have. Akane cautiously opened the window. "Who are you?" She asked, then recognized the newcomer's scent. Now she frowned for more than just being woken up. "What do you want?"

Keisei, one of the few foxes to have met this new kyuubi and not lose a tail to her, bowed her head. "Forgive me for disturbing you, Akane-sama, but I needed to tell you this now."

"For the last time I'm not going to be your queen." Akane said thru clenched teeth, trying not to shout and disturb her parents.

"I'm here to let you know that the foxes won't bother you anymore. A new Council of Eight has been put into power, and once they saw what you did with the previous one, they felt it was wiser to just give you space for now."

"Good." Akane smiled. "Wait. For now?"

"Just until you're older and more mature. Until then, none of us will disturb you. They did ask that I make you an offer for the time being though."

"Like what?"

Keisei composed herself to try and avoid any phrasing that may set the young kyuubi off. "I or someone else, most likely another vixen, could offer to help teach you a few things you'll need to know."

"What can you possibly teach me that my parents can't?" Akane narrowed her eyes at the auburn vixen in human form.

"Things vital to a fox, such as understanding of natural instincts and talents."

"Doesn't sound vital to me. I'm doing pretty good as I am."

"But someday you'll need to know more about your vulpine nature. After all, you're a fox and everyone else here is a human. There are some things you cannot learn from them." Keisei argued without sounding tough.

"I understand my instincts just fine and I know my talents." Akane countered confidently.

"But what about your abundant chakra? How are you going to control all that power?" Keisei asked.

"There are sensei's here who will help me. And Otou-san has been a lot of help with me and my chakra."

Can he help you reach your full potential? You don't even know what all you can do, do you?"