Chapter 24

Akane was indeed punished for misbehaving, and this time it wasn't dealing with some fleas. To really teach her a lesson, Naruto and Hinata made it so she had to attend a session with Gai and his team while they did some work outs to stay fit and coordinated. And if that wasn't bad enough, she was told to join in with them if asked to. Akane got on her knees and tearily begged for anything but that, but they stayed adamant.

So here she was the next day, sitting on a tree stump as she watched Team Nine go thru their routines, all the while keeping a cautious eye on Gai. At least Noburo was attending too so she had some decent company. Like Akane, he couldn't get enrolled in the academy until the next term, which was still a bit away from now. The blue-haired boy was leaning against the stump instead of sitting on it, fiddling with some kunais Tenten had given him previously. "They make a good team don't they?"

Akane shrugged "They've got good skills, no doubt about that. But I still pray I don't get either of those two as my sensei when I'm older."

"Personally I'm hoping for Nee-chan. You?"

Akane had to think about it. "Well, I would say Otou-san, but he'll be hokage by then so he can't. Maybe Okaa-san, but I'm not sure she will be allowed to because we're family. If she can that's great. If not, then no idea. But as long as it's not Green Thing One or Thing Two, or Smut Lover."

"What makes you so sure your father's going to be the next hokage?" Noburo casually asked.

Akane slowly turned to give him a flat look with a small amount of KI. "Because he is the strongest and no one deserves it more than him."

"No offense, but aren't you a little biased there?"

Akane took a deep breath. "Maybe, but it's still true. And I'm going to be the hokage after him."

Noburo scoffed. "What is it, some sort of family tradition?"

Akane smiled. "Actually, it kinda is. My grandmother is the godaime, my grandfather was the yondaime, and the sandaime was Otou-san's adopted grandfather."

Noburo gave her a wide-eyed surprised look. "Seriously? Three generations?"

Akane confidently nodded. "Four if you count Otou-san, who's going to be the true rokudaime." Danzo might be mentioned in the history books later on, but he would never be remembered as the real Rokudame Hokage, due to his short term and traitorous ambitions. "And five if you count me."

"Counting yourself now is a little egotistical." Noburo stated.

"Doubt I can do it?"

The blue-haired boy just shrugged. "Maybe you can, but you're coming across as big-headed to me."

Akane stood up. "Maybe you'd change your mind after a little spar."

Noburo smirked. "Sounds good. I've been wanting to see what you can do since we met."

"Same for you." Akane admitted. "Any rules?"

"How about the two sweetest words a ninja knows?" Noburo suggested.

"Free ramen?" Akane asked eagerly, cutting him off and starting to drool. If her tails were visible they'd be wagging. At seeing and hearing this they captured Tenten's attention.