one

Arabella

I just wish I could find the perfect dress for this occasion but more I'm looking the more I'm getting stressed. Just wish one would jump out and scream yes this is the dress for you, but of course that isn't going to happen so I need to sort it myself.

Ive finally decided on a black little number, ever since marrying into this family black has seemed to become my fave thing to wear. Like everyone's souls around here I guess. Bet of not let anyone hear me say that, god knows what they would do.

It's Blake's birthday, today. He doesn't normal celebrate it, which I wouldn't if I was a man like him. His mother and father have decided to throw him a massive ball at their mansion of course everyone has been invited even the children...
I'm just grateful for the Nanny that's getting them ready for tonight events. As much as I love my children they drive me in absolute sane most of the time.

Grabbing everything I finally head over to the on suite dragging my arse inside the shower. Once done I get myself all dolled up, trying to impress who I don't know? Maybe myself I will never know. I look ok, I've looked better. I let the feeling slide for now, push my thoughts back.

I head out of my bedroom grabbing my heels in my hand, heading toward where Marnie, Lily-Mae are being watched by the Nanny.

Marnie is now six, it's mental time just goes so quick, Lily-Mae is two years old. My little devils, I protect them with my life. Blake sadly doesn't have much to do with our daughters or me for that matter if I'm being honest. He's still holding a grudge that I never gave him a son, I think he sees me as some sort of curse. That's fine by me for now. I can live with that, all the time he's not bothering me I'm grateful I think anyone would be.

Once I collected the girls, we head out to the front where the cars are waiting I usher the girls into the middle car, making sure they're in securely. I go to hop in with them, it's just the normal now. I really don't remember the last time me and Blake had a full on conversation it's strange anyone would think the same.

"Arabella, you will be in with me- I get the Nanny to sit with the children"

I stop and freeze for a moment. He has placed his hand around my waist, this is the most contact he's done for a year surely. It feels like that, I want to walk away from him. I twist my body quickly making sure to shift his hand off my waist which it works. I try to think of a reply that's not going to anger him... but I just feel so damn awkward right now.

He stands tall looking at me, straight in the eyes. I somehow find the courage and look straight up and him making full eye contact. We lock eyes, I feel a sweat coming on.

I still haven't got the courage to speak, what is wrong with me.

"Arabella did you hear me? We're going to be late if you don't hurry up"

"Yes, sorry I heard you."

With that he nods his head in approval I follow behind him, jumping into the back of the first car. His men jump in starting the car up. I'm grateful for the black on window dividing us from his men: I just don't know what to do with myself, I edge myself right against the car window leaning my head, just staring out into the streets. I twist my hands around and around in my lap, I just wish it could be a comfortable silence but it really isn't I don't like it one single bit.

"I didn't want to attend tonight- for your information. But you know what my parents are like, I'm sure I can trust you to behave and be a good mother in front of everyone and a wife at that?"

I should of know he was going to say something like this, he still doesn't trust me.

"Then why did we attend? You could of just no I would of been happy to stay."

"You know I can't say no. You should know that word well..."

"Yeah of course. I be on my best behaviour"

With that I just turn my head back around looking out at the views, before long we arrived at his parents mansion. Cars where filling up in the outdoor area, I noticed lights flashing, it then hit me the press was here too. I don't want to be photographed, the last time that happened was when I was pregnant with Marnie. I turn towards Blake completely freaking out. He should know by now I don't like this one single bit.

"Don't leave my side don't comment and smile. Watch the children. I don't want to hear another word from you- do I make myself clear?"

Arsehole. I just want to scream and run from him right now.

"Yes you're crystal clear"

With that we pull up to the front door area, before he can even get round to my car door I'm out running towards the car my children are in. I don't want to be near him. Surely the press seeing me be a concerned parent if better than nothing surely?

Blake's next to me in seconds, looping his arm inside mine. He ushers me into the building making sure the press got some good snaps with my children following behind with the Nanny. Once inside his parents are all over him, wishing him happy birthday.

His mothers and fathers eyes dart to me, looking me up and down, his father pulls into a small embrace. This is unusual they never normal treat me well just all the same as each other in this family. Obviously I welcome the embrace I don't want to be seen as rude. Once this ordeal is over we head towards our table.

"Mummy mummy- I need toilet please"

Marnie is desperate for the toilet, finally a chance to breath away from all the eyes on us. I turn towards Blake but he's deep in conversation. I take it upon myself to just leave, I shouldn't be needed to ask for his permission I'm not the child here. With that, I stand pushing my chair up, leaving the main hall with my daughter holding my hand heading towards the toilets. We make it there without any problem.

Once Marnie has finished we head out to leave the toilet.

"Mummy. Can we go outside and look at the stars and moon- we haven't done it in ages pleaseeeeee mummyyyyy"

How can I say no to my daughter, I always promised her the best childhood I could give her because I knew what her future would be: so if I can make it possible I will. What's ten minutes going to do, I won't be missed.

"Of course my darling, let's go"

I bend down to her height giving her a small kiss on the lips which she placed back. She is literally my mini me.