nine

Arabella

It's been five days since i saw my children leave with the Nanny. My darling girls, Marnie and Lily-Mae. He's done this to punish me because I punished him for not doing as I was apparently meant to do. Since day one he's taken everything from me, so I deserved to him something from him surely.

Five whole days without a single crumb of food, I have access to to water from the taps in the bathroom. I've put myself in a cage from him, because that's all I can do for now. I have to think through everything carefully.

I think today will finally be the day I leave this bedroom. My first thing I will do is get outside into the garden I need proper fresh air and time to think everything through.

With that, I find some comfortable clothes. Jean is the only thing comfortable in my bloody wardrobe so it will do for now. Long sleeve white top to add. It's causal but I like it, I feel like me again.

I head towards the door getting all my strength, I managed to push everything out of the way. My muscles hurt so bad from moving everything there in the first place let alone how they're going to feel now I've moved everything away from the door.

I slowly pull the door open, in fear that Blake or someone will be the other side or even hiding around the corner. I hesitate deciding if i should leave my room or just wait until someone comes up to me... I don't know. Sod it im just going to leave the damn room.

With just that I leave, I bolt out of the door not taking any of my surroundings in heading down towards the front door to get that fresh air I'm being begging for for ever.

The lush breeze hits my face, it's so welcoming I take a long deep breath inhaling. Looking all around up at the clouds the trees everything all so bright and colourful, more than what's inside his damn mansion it's so grey boring, depressing. It dawns on me, he's never let me decorate the place maybe I could suggest it to him.

I run out further into the fresh air, looking up like a crazy women. Then I'm struck, I smack straight into a hard object. I balance myself, taking a step back to observe what I've just bumped into.

"Ah. You've finally come to your senses it's only taken you five days..."

Oh shoot me in the foot it's my husband. Of course he would be watching me still, it was obviously a matter of time before I gave in and left my bedroom. There he was just waiting all along he knew I wasn't going to stay there forever more.

"Senses? Nah I wouldn't call it that."

He glares down at me, his nostrils flaring with anger I'm guessing. Never mind.

"Come let's get you inside, you've not eaten anything in five days."

For this once I just follow him, because I don't want to admit but I am starving right now I'd do anything for food, I won't tell him that though. He knows he's won then.

I sit myself on the stall facing the kitchen island, he shouts for the maids. It be nice for once if he actually cooked someone for me. Not that I would trust it he would probably poison it.

"Here eat every last bit. You've lost weight in the last five days. Your face has shrunk in, I won't have this."

With just that, I stuff my face with all the food that's laying in front of me. The smell of it was mouthwatering enough, no way was I going to turn this down for any given reason.

Once finished I push the plate away gulping the glass of water that's place in front of me. I stand shifting the stall back., I don't know what I want to do next but I know it's to get out of his presents. Then it dawns on me, my children there was last seen leaving with the Nanny.

"Where is Marnie and Lily-Mae? I saw the Nanny leaving with them from the balcony. Where are they?"

"Where are they? Hm. That's a very good question. I've sent them away for a while with the Nanny, until you get yourself back on track."

"Back on track, I've always been on track."

"Hmm. We shall see, do you remember I asked you to do something before you went bat shit crazy?"

Fuck. I didn't forget about that one bit. No doubt I'm probably pregnant my body is feeling so different recently. I just kept trying to push it to the back of my mind so then it wouldn't seem as real as it possibly is.

"I remember perfectly well. Get the pregnancy test and I'll take it."

He smiles but it's not a deadly smile, like I've got my own way smile. Like his plan has worked, all this time it worked for him. We shall see. He vanishes out of the kitchen, I decide to head up back to my room for now. He can find me if he wants me to do the test that desperately.

I get to my bedroom, throwing myself onto the bed, just slowly closing my eyes thinking about everything that's happened recently when a man voice I don't really recognises speaks.

"Hello Arabella, I see the tiredness has already hit."

What does he mean? I'm confused I slowly lift myself up into a sitting position so I can see whom speaking to me.

Of course it's the doctor, he wouldn't trust me to do the pregnancy test without a professional on the scene. I'm just going to go with the flow it's the best I can do right now.

"Tiredness? I'm not following."

"Tiredness it's the early signs of pregnancy. I would know I'm the doctor."

"Right ok- so what is it I can do for you doctor?"

"Blake your husband has asked for me to get you to produce a pregnancy test- if you may"

He stands walking towards me handing me two pregnancy tests. Of course they want me to do both to be extra sure if I am or not.

I head into the bathroom, about to see what my next nine months is going to be like...