tweleve

Arabella

It scares me, it really does scare me how one single person can have so much control over little mes life. How much strength and power he has. I'm just confused how I let him take so much away from me, sitting here not doing a single thing about it. Then I think, I don't think there is much that I would be able to do. Life has fully changed me, well he's changed me there is denying that for real.

Laying on the floor near the bed, slowing pulling the fluff from the rug, going over my thoughts constantly if I could ever change my life. If I could ever leave this horrid man taking my children with me? I never know. But then again I never even tried hard enough really.

I'm suddenly drawn out of my thoughts when I hear loud footsteps, just by the sound of it I know whom it is. I stay seated on the floor still pulling the fluff from the rug. He's kept me in this room for a whole month, I'm not surprised I've gone completely insane yet. He's stopped me communicating with anyone, the maids, his men. To top it off my children, the only thing that keeps me sane. Giving me reason to live.

I've been going over the scenarios in my head since that day in the ally. I couldn't of done anything different, maybe he was waiting for me to fail, to fuck it up. A reason for him to keep me caged even more than before? All thoughts rush to my head. What if I didn't touch that cigarette what if I just sat by his side all night like a good docile Mafia wife should what if what if what if. I need to stop beating myself up but I just can't help it.

BANG!

My thoughts come to a sudden end. I keep my eyes down still messing around with the rug surrounding me. I don't think I've made eye contact with this man since.

"You ready to face the real world?"

Is all he spits out of his vile mouth. If I had any strength or courage in me I would get up, spit in his face and leave for good, sadly we all know that wouldn't happen. I just be back to square one once again for the thousand time in my hell of a life.

He moves closer to me, too sudden I jump a little. I shouldn't be afraid of this horrid man.
He sudden pushes his foot onto mine, it's a slight plain but it's bearable. Like a sly kick to wake me up I'm guessing. I suddenly lift my head up, avoiding his gaze at all costs.

"I'm speaking to you. Get up."

I slowly rise myself up, to stand. Slumped my back, anyone would think I was an old women with back problems the way I'm standing right now. I don't care, I have no energy to deal with him or anything. If I'm being honest I'd rather stay in here for my own good. Then I wouldn't be able to anger him or get myself into trouble surely? I go against it.

"That's better. We're get your some breakfast. You have a busy day ahead of you."

"B—busy d-ay?"

I'm mumbled out, I've not spoken out loud for so long it sounded foreign to myself. I start to fiddle with my fingers, trying to distract myself I guess.

"Oh and it fucking speaks. My fucking wife speaks, she's found her voice. Praise the fucking lord."

Sarcastic prick. This made my anger boil, I wasn't going to put up with that. Not one single fucking bit.

"Don't fucking speak to me like shit on your expensive shoes. I'm a human I have feelings, so treat me life fucking one. Or else."

He smirks, full smirk. Right up to his fucking ears. Sick fuck.

With that he hands me his hand to take, which I do quickly. He leads me out of the room, my cage for the past month...