ten

Arabella

Sat here waiting as all I can hear is the clock in the far corner of the bathroom ticking away, they always say you shouldn't listen to clocks as it's ticking your life away. In this moment it's the only thing that's keeping me calm.

I've taken both pregnancy test as asked of my husband, plus the doctor. Looking everywhere but the tests that lay on the bathroom sink beside me. Just having that little bit of hope that they're both negative keeps me positive.

I hear a loud knock on the bathroom door, I know I've been in here way to long, even I know it doesn't take this long to know the answer of a pregnancy test two in that fact.

"Arabella have you done?"

My lovely husband shouts, well more like raises his voice. To me that's a normal sound, how he always speaks to me, to everyone for that.

"Yes, I was done ages ago. Come in if you want."

With that, I suddenly jump off the toilet, janking my trousers up quick. I know he's seen me many many times naked but I still don't feel comfortable with it. Within seconds of me doing that he's in the bathroom next to me, I lift my head up to look at him. I feel ashamed. I don't know why I just do.

"Well, where are the tests?"

I turn my body slightly pointing to the side of the sink. He jumps over like an excited dog going for its first ever walk. He grabs the tests walking fast out of the bathroom. Knowing Blake he probably doesn't even understand the readings of a pregnancy test, so he's gone to ask the doctor of what it says. This makes me chuckle a small bit. He's not as smart as he makes out to be all the time to everyone.

I plonk myself back onto the toilet with the lid down this time. Because that wouldn't be funny if I fell through the hole. I chuckle at myself again, I'm most probably the definition of mad lately.

"Arabella, we will keep trying I promise you."

So I'm guessing with that reply we was unsuccessful in the making of baby number three or his heir to his throne for that matter. A small smile appears onto my face. I quickly get rid of it before Blake's takes notice of my expressions, I don't want to face his anger right now especially when he hasn't got the news that he hoped to add wished for for that matter.

"Ok, whatever you live Blake."

I look up towards him, giving a small smile in return, I don't want to get on his bad side right now or never for that matter. He looks at me up and down like his brain is thinking too much, it looks like he's trying to think of something to say but it's struggling to come together with the words.

"We're go out tonight, my treat. Be ready by five pm."

Going out? In what manner is it where going out in, dinner, a ball, gala or business he never confirmed which it was. Im unsure on what to wear or what to dress like in that. I hesitated for a moment thinking should I run after him for a dress code or where we may be heading.. I think again deciding against it.

The time was exactly three fifty five. This really didn't give me much chance or time to get ready in. I really wished he wouldn't tell me last minute about these sort of plans. I need time to prepare physically and mentally. He should surely know this by now, we both always looking over our shoulders. I hate this life I say it everyday I know but I'm not lying.

I finally decide on a trouser, top set. I'm sure Blake will most definitely not approve of this such outfit. I should always look respectful, smart heels. This once I'm going to spice it up a little bit.  Like I never many times previously he's not told me where we're heading so I've taken it upon myself to chose. It feels kind of nice being able to dress how I like and not having my clothes laid out for me.