Chapter Seven

Child loss is going to be mentioned from here on out! Please read at your own risk if this is a sensitive topic for you!!!

     I WAS discharged from the hospital and taken to the Cameron's place after being informed that Rafe had been kicked out of the house a while ago.

Only Sarah and John B knew about what happened in the hospital. I couldn't even think about it without sobbing.

After the doctor informed me of it, I had ended up vomiting everything out of my stomach before going numb. The only way to keep from breaking down was to push it to the back of my mind and try to focus on other things.

So when the doctor ordered me on bed rest for the rest of the week, I denied it and ordered John B to take me to my house so I could get some clothes.

I had fortunately ignored my father's pestering and managed to get a duffel bag of clean clothes along with my bag I had before midsummers.

Ward had welcomed me with open arms, understanding the fact that I wouldn't marry his son anymore after I explained how he had almost killed me. Twice now.

He was letting me stay in Sarah's room while John B's was right underneath on the lower floor. One night, I found myself limping to John B's room with a picture in my hand. I hadn't looked at it since I got it, but I had grabbed it blindly to have a reminder.

Every time I had attempted to sleep, I felt myself falling and woke up after pain ricocheted through my stomach. My hand always found itself there even though nothing was there anymore.

Slowly opening the door, I peeked in and found John B awake and looking at a map with a flashlight in his mouth.

"JB?" I whispered.

His head swiveled to me, the light falling from his mouth as he panicked to close the map.

"It's just me," I tell him, slipping inside before crawling on the bed to him.

"Hey, you okay?" He asks.

I shrug my answer, curling into his side after laying the picture on his stomach, face down.

"What is this?" He asked. Mouth dropping to a frown as he turned it over. "I'm sorry Rory." His arms wrapped around me, squeezing in comfort before placing a kiss on the top of my head.

"Maybe I just wasn't meant to be a mother, yet," I mumble, tracing the 'kidney bean' sized blob.

He didn't say anything, instead turning the light off and putting the picture and map on the end table before sliding further down into the bed.

We were now face to face, darkness around us as I thought about what I was gonna do, now that I couldn't go home.

"JB..." I whisper into the darkness.