Loki's Birthday

Aquata kept training as Loki rested, determined to become stronger than the frost giant that threatened her and her family. News of Laufey's escape spread through the tower like wild fire which made Aquata even more determined in her training and made Loki want to be back in the game even more. After the whole frozen heart scare, Aquata wanted to give Loki a grand surprise birthday party, but she made the mistake of confiding in Thor to keep the secret, Thor loved parties and he loved to tell people about said parties. Thor was going through the halls of the palace one day trying to get to the party location to help set up when Loki stopped him, "Brother, would you humor your king by sparring with him?" Thor broke out in a cold sweat, "I would love to brother but Aquata needs me to help set up for..." Thor cut himself off, "setting up for what brother" Loki asked puzzled as why Aquata asked Thor to help but not him. Thor looked around trying to dodge the question but Loki was determined to get an answer, "answer me brother, what are you setting up for" Loki asked again with more bite in his voice, Thor sighed, "she needs help setting up a surprise for you" he finally said disappointed in himself, Loki looked puzzled further and dismissed Thor to continue on, what could she possibly be planning that would be a surprise for me Loki thought walking in to the throne room where he sat and thought it out. Meanwhile at the ballroom Aquata was on top of a wave putting up the streamers at the top of the ceiling when Thor walked in the room trying to hide the fact that he let it slip to Loki what Aquata was doing, but being a mother to small children and Loki's wife she was good at sniffing out the truth, "What did you do now?" she asked coming down to Thor's level, he just acted innocent and went over to move the disco ball into place. Aquata rolled her eyes, "You let it slip didn't you" she said grabbing more decorations, Thor looked out the window "I have no idea what you're talking about, is that a cow outside" Thor said dodging the question.

Later that evening Aquata went to the throne room and collected her husband, "what have you been up to pet?" Loki asked as she dragged him to his room to change, "All in due time love now put this on" Aquata answered throwing clothes at him from his closet. Loki changed and Aquata grabbed the blindfold from her pocket, sneaking behind Loki and tied it around his head, "what is this for pet" Loki asked intrigued, "Follow me birthday boy" Aquata said in his ear pulling on the front of his shirt to guide him towards the ballroom. When they got to the ballroom door Aquata opened it and led him inside before going over and getting into a giant water tank, "Ok love you can take it off now" Aquata said, Loki took off the blindfold and everyone shouted "Surprise!" Loki stumbled backwards looking at everyone in the room, Aquata slipped down into the tank and a curtain was drawn over it so Loki couldn't see in, "Did we get you brother" Thor asked coming over handing Loki a drink, "I would say so brother," Loki said looking around, "Aquata really had me going there for a moment, where is she anyhow?" "Oh love, can you come over here for a second," Aquata called from the tank, Loki led by Thor went over to the tank "I have a gift for you that cannot wait for later" the curtain opened and Aquata sat there on a rock as her mermaid form, Loki looked at his wife "Aquata?" he said shocked. Aquata smiled and started swimming around using her magic to create shapes in the water for her to swim around in, as she swam she was singing Loki's favorite song from Midgard, "Angel of darkness, Angel of darkness, the world is in your hands, but I will fight and I will stand" Loki was mesmerized by the display in front of him, Aquata's green and purple scales on her tail glistening in the water like gemstones. Loki rushed up to the top of the tank and Aquata came up out of the water and kissed him on the lips pulling him in with her when he was under water with her Loki shapeshifted himself into a merman, his skin was his frost giant form and he had a green and black tail. Aquata opened her eyes to see him like that she was shocked but happy at the same time.