32

Austin feels frozen to the spot as he watches Angel walk inside. He had not meant to growl at her. He had also not meant to hit Mathew, but he lost his head when he heard Angel screaming. So much so he had not even finished his scan of the house - he has never left anything unfinished. It's just another testament to how much hold Angel has over him. He is in big trouble when it comes to her and he can't deny it.

Phoebe is right. He has let his shit cloud his head for long enough and it's causing him to make mistakes - he can't afford to make mistakes when it comes to her any longer. But, how does he get over his guilt?  How does he just accept he is responsible for the death of so many people and then just move on? It's not that easy. He lights a cigarette and tries to still his rattling chest. Angel deserves to know what he is, he needs to tell her. But, he does not know if he can handle the way Angel's eyes will turn cold when he tells her.

"Austin," he hears Mathew say his name behind him. Austin turns around and sees Brice and Lance with him. Mathew's lip is busted badly and guilt tightens his chest, he did not deserve that. He was just doing what Austin had employed him for and if there was ever a man to trust blindly it was Mathew. "Sorry," Austin says pointing to his lip in an indication of how he fucked Mathew's lip up. "I heard you hit hard...your fist is like a boulder. But, it's fine. I get it," Mathew says. Austin nods and takes another drag of a cigarette. "Go home, Finch. Fix your face," he mumbles.

"I have something important to tell you first."

"What?"

"While you were gone Lance and I did a lot of digging. We found something."

"What did you find."

"Lia. She is insane."

"I know that Finch."

"No. Insane. She is obsessed with Angel and had lost her head a few years back. So much so she had been checked into a loony bin."

"Tiffany..."

"Yeah. Lia is not Lia Cambril. Lia is Tiffany Cambril."

Austin's blood runs cold. When Austin had checked Lia's background he had dug up that Lia had a twin sister who had been murdered by a homeless man in an alley late one night a few years back, just after being released from a mental health facility.

"There was no homeless man. Tiffany killed Lia and stole her identity," Austin whispers, realization dawning on him.

"Yes. We tracked down the hooded man's brother and he told us that Tiffany and the hooded man had met in the loony bin. He had become obsessed with Tiffany."

Everything falls into place and Austin wants to punch himself. How had he missed this? Tiffany had become Lia after murdering her. Then she had become obsessed with Angel, maybe after hearing her music or seeing her on a fucking poster. Tiffany must have stalked her and then one day took a chance and drove into Angel, forcing a meet-up. It had worked in Tiffany's favor when Angel had innocently hired her. But, not content with just being around Angel and being psychotic she had started sending Angel fucked up messages probably hoping Angel would turn to her for comfort. She had not banked on Austin being hired and she certainly had not banked on Angel becoming attached to Austin. The hooded man had not been obsessed with Angel at all, he had been obsessed with Tiffany so it had been easy to get him to do what she asked of him. Lia, or at least Tiffany, had been Angel's stalker this whole time. She had been right under Austin's nose and he had done nothing. How had he missed this? It all makes sense now.

"Austin...there's more."

"Tell me."

"Tiffany had gone ballistic on her sister. She had not only killed her, she had torn her to shreds...literally. The woman is nuttier than a port­a ­potty at a peanut festival."