23rd Blinded

Silent

I could feel the tension while their cars were roaring, waiting for the signal, as the woman at the front stood with a little flag on her.

"Go North!" Daciana shouted shamelessly.

Kaya noong itinaas ang maliit na flag, parang kidlat kung kumaripas ng takbo ang kanilang mga kotse habang humahampas sa amin ang marahas na hangin.

Everyone screamed, as I couldn't keep up with the movement of the cars. Muli kong tiningnan ang kanilang mga kotseng nag-uunahan. I almost couldn't keep up with the speed as I've seen Aki make an immediate drift and an image of her in the driver's seat who's cooly driving like it wasn't her first time doing it while sucking a lollipop.

The boys were more loudly cheering for the only woman in the group, who was now chasing the other cars, and I've seen the cousin of Caden advancing to level on her.

Roche's car was sandwiched by Caden's other cousin Hiro, and North, who both glanced at him, like he had an unfinished business with the two; that's why they're after him.

Ngunit sa gilid ni North ay sumulpot agad ang kotse ni Riven, nililingon si North—tila may banta sa tingin, at sa gilid naman ni Hiro ay naroon na si Crius, lumilingon na rin.

Meanwhile, Anzai was behind Aki. Naroon sila halos tatlo sa harap, habang nasa likuran nila ang lima na tila ba may sarili rin silang race.

"Your cousins are quite good racers," sabi ko at nilingon si Caden na nakahalukipkip sa gilid ko, seryoso ring nanonood.

Umangat ang kilay niya sa akin. "Which cousin?"

"Cousins, Cade..." sabi ko at na-distract sa tili ni Daciana sa gilid ko.

"North! Mag-ingat ka!" she shouted frustratingly when North was suddenly sandwiched by Roche and Crius as they tried to get close to him, probably for their dirty tactic, from which North immediately escaped.

I've seen the woman glance at Daciana again. Tiningnan niya ito ng makahulugan, halos hindi ko mabasa kung palakaibigan ba iyon o...galit siya. She's too vague to read.

When she noticed that I was watching her, she slowly took her eyes off Daciana and looked at the cars silently.

"Which cousin, Laurianna?" ulit na tanong ni Caden sa akin, tila ba ayaw niya akong tantanan nang hindi ko iyon sinasagot.

"I said both of your cousins—"

My words were now covered by Daciana's loud scream when Roche's car was hit by North, which I couldn't tell if it was on purpose or...

"Roche huwag kang gumanti! Ayos lang 'yan! Mekaniko ka! Maaayos mo 'yan! Masama ang gumanti!" Daciana shouted childishly.

Roche seems to be being targeted by Caden's cousin, including North, which was targeted by Riven, and Hiro, targeted by Crius.

Their first lap was almost ending as they needed to turn again, and Aki made another turn. As she leveled on our side, we got a perfect angle of her sitting on the driving seat coolly while side-eyeing the side mirror and smirking smugly.

She was followed by Caden's cousin again, while Anzai made his way on the side of Aki, purposely knowing that Caden's cousin named Ryler needed to drive to the side or else he would clash with Anzai's car.

I yawned while watching them. I couldn't keep up with Daciana's excitement. Natatapon na sa sahig ang hawak niyang chips at lumulundag pa siya kaka cheer kay North.

And every time she would shout for his name, I would notice the woman glancing at her again. Sinisiko ko si Daciana dahil baka...girlfriend. But Daciana was just too invested not to care.