Ⲥⲏⲇⲣⲧⲉⲅ 6

♪ I should've known it was strange
You only come out at night ♪

Skylar Abbott POV

Seeing Max felt like I was being shot. I was directing my team when the drivers left the car after qualifying ended, and that's when I saw one of the crew members with Joseph fall down, hard. I quickly ran to him.

"Wake up," I say as I watch him close his eyes, he tripped and the camera from another crew member hit him in the head, making him drop the audio equipment. "Call the medical team!"

"I- Shit," he mutters in pain and I nod.

"Just keep yourself awake, that can be a very bad concussion, don't let yourself fall asleep," I ask him as I look back to see if the medical team would arrive.

"Fucking hell!" Joseph says and I notice he isn't there.

"Take the equipment out of the ground and stop fucking recording!" I demanded and all the teams stopped recording.

"What happened?" The doctor asks as they arrive by our side.

"He lost balance, fell back, and hit a camera with the back of his head. I didn't let him fall asleep," I quickly say and he nods.

"You did a good job," he says as he gives me a smile and starts talking to the injured.

"Go with him. I will take care of your team," I say and Joseph nods.

"Thank you, and I'm sorry," he says but I just shrug it off.

"You can go. Team, stop recording George and follow Sergio please," I say sending the other two team members away because they witnessed it, they didn't need to be here.

"Okay," my team answers promptly moving to where Sergio was. I looked inside the garage and everyone was watching.

"You can all go back to filming! He will be alright!" I basically yell once again and everyone nods going back to their job.

"Are you okay?" George asks as he comes in my direction, the furthest he could before being considered Red Bull's territory.

"I am fine. I am sorry for taking your team out, but he is higher on qualifying," I say as I feel a bit of guilt and he nods.

"I got it, no problem. I will see you later. Maybe tomorrow?" He says doubtfully and I nod.

"Definitely," I say confidently before turning around and taking a deep breath.

I looked to the ground and saw the blood there, I could very well pass out or vomit. I've grown fearful of blood. I turned to watch the teams and everyone seemed alright.

"Do you need anything? You look like you saw a ghost," I hear Daniel's voice and I get out of my trance, I saw everything going around but now I'm good.

"I am okay, I was just not expecting an accident to happen so early into filming," I say calmly.

"You reacted very fast in such an unexpected situation," he says and I nod.

"I have to," I tell him before leaving his side.

Two hours later everyone was packing everything so they could go to the hotel and I was just watching them as I held my backpack.

"He has a concussion, he will be on leave for 2 weeks," Joseph says and I nod.

"I figured so. I contacted our superiors, someone will be here tomorrow for the race," I say as I tap his shoulder lightly.

"Of course, you took care of it! Thank you, darling," he says thankful as he hugs me.

"Don't worry about it, go have some rest. They are finishing," I say and he nods, messing up my hair before leaving.

"Skylar, can we talk?" I hear Christian asking and I nod.

"We are going, see you tomorrow," the last team members say and I nod.

"Is something wrong?" I ask when we reach the private room in the garage.

"Why are you back now?" He asks and I roll my eyes.

"I don't owe anyone an explanation. I am working! That's all," I say frustrated since this is the third time someone from Max's side has asked me for some type of explanation.

"I adore you, you know I do but I also need Max at his best and this will be distracting. I think you both could use the closure. I can see you are not fine and he definitely isn't fine either," he says and I nod.

"We don't want to talk and that's fine. No conversation would give us closure, just let me be. I swear I will not talk to him, look at him and I will avoid being in the same room as him. I am not here to blow up the championship for him. I came back to work. Deal with it," I am frustrated and my words were a clear indication of it.

"Christian I-" Max's voice is heard as he opens the door but he stops, I don't even turn to look at him.

"Just give us a minute please," Christian asks with an obvious look of apology.

"I am leaving, I said what I had to say," I say as I try to evade this situation, I turn to leave as I look down at the floor and Max takes a step to the side so I can leave.

I shouldn't have come back. My anxiety is through the roof once again. I barely could eat and I was having trouble sleeping. There was nothing surprising on Sunday, Max won so we filmed Mercedes' for a bit more before going back to the hotel.

I arrived in Saudi Arabia 2 weeks later, I arrived before qualifying because I had other things to work on but Joseph took over my team on Friday. I arrived at the Mercedes's garage and George excitedly came to see me.

"I thought you had gotten tired of me," he says and I chuckle.

"That would be a possibility but that wasn't it for now, just get in the car, it's almost time to go," I say before I head to my team, everything was alright so I just watched.

Seeing Max not making it to Q3 was really surprising and it was easy to know the problem was in the car.  Qualifying ended and I was leaving the garage when someone bumped into me. I fell into the ground with such strength that I couldn't even find it in myself to get up. What the fuck is wrong with people?