Ⲥⲏⲇⲣⲧⲉⲅ 21

♫ Now this might be a mistake
We're broken in so many ways
But I piece us back together slowly ♫

George Russell POV

I was lying awake as she slept peacefully by my side. I looked at her and appreciated every inch of her perfectly untanned skin. There was something she wasn't telling me, I knew there was. She still had my shirt on her, and I am not complaining, but I saw the nervousness on her face when I tried to get it off of her.

I felt the small scars on her stomach, they were too precisely placed so I believe she underwent some surgery. For what? No idea and I am not going to pressure her into it. I have time, I would give her all my time.

It might seem odd, but why did I fall for someone who wasn't mine when I met her? I was always drawn to her like a moth to a flame. I never thought I could have her because he did until he no longer did. Until I saw her back on the paddock, and I saw my chance. And I took it.

I was there every step of the way. I was the annoying guy who made her laugh, then I was the friend who made her laugh and now we are here. I watch as she sleeps after screaming my name as I always expected she would. She melted under me, and over too, and I felt better than I ever knew I could.

She might be the love of my life, but the feelings I have for this woman were always out of any possible imagination. I can say firmly say that I love her but I don't know if I will ever be loved back.

I ended up falling asleep way later than I should've. I still managed to wake up earlier than she did. I ordered room service for our breakfast. We ate as she made some jokes and we went to the track. People were curious but I couldn't say anything. There is nothing that can be said, she is not my girlfriend but I would make her my wife which is fucking crazy if you ask me.

"And that smile?" Logan asks when I am passing by him and Alex and I laugh.

"He got laid!" Alex says rather loudly and I see Max looking at us, he looked like shit if we are being honest.

"Respect," is all I answer and Alex raises his hands in innocence.

"But did you?" Alex asks curiously and I roll my eyes.

"I did! It's that enough information for you?" I asked as we were waiting to start the parade.

"Now I get the sunglasses even in shadow. You didn't sleep for shit," Logan jokes and I laugh.

"I always wear sunglasses, there is so much suspicion there," I say calmly and I see the cameras from Netflix start leaving the space, Joseph and Sky follow as they talk between themselves.

"Make sure this doesn't happen again. I forbid you," Sky's voice is heard as she makes the member of her team turn off the camera.

"I'm sorry, it's nothing personal," Joseph follows her around nervously. He is a producer who is taking care of the team and follows Red Bull around, he is also a close friend so the vibe was definitely weird.

"It's personal if you are trying to use my fucking name. I didn't sign no authorization so that you could use my image for drama, and neither will I," she turns to him angrily and he nods.

"The order came from above, they didn't do it out of their own free will. We tried having a reunion but they just told us to do our jobs," he explains as he looks around and she does the same.

"They paid me double what I was making. Now I know why. I will take care of it, leave," she says seriously and he leaves as she comes in my direction, not caring about who was watching.

"What is happening?" I ask her worriedly.

"They were trying to record me discreetly. I caught them this morning. Can you maybe talk to Mercedes and warn them that they are trying to create this false narrative?" She asks and I nod as I kiss the top of her head.

"I will take care of it, don't stress about it. They won't get away with this," I say as I hug her and we start being called to the parade.

"I will see you in a bit," she says as she gives me a peck before leaving and I smile.

"Oh, she has you hooked. I always knew," Alex says proudly.

"Stop with that, please," I say and he just laughs.

The parade ended and I went to do some other stuff with Lewis before I could get back but once I reached the garage I saw Sky in the garage next door. With Max.

He looked down at her, his whole demeanor was still the same as when they were together, he was completely off guard. He nodded and got a few words out, she was obviously still stressed. He pulled her in for a hug and closed his eyes as he did, she hugged him back and positioned her head in his chest.

He still loves her, but does she love him? I would like to believe she doesn't. But her reaction to seeing that ring didn't tell me the same. I know I need to be patient but will I be enough?

I went to talk to Toto about it, who immediately said he would work it out after the race. Sky was all over the place until before the race. I went through the garage and she was talking to Susie and she smiled when she saw me.

"I was waiting for you," she says as she comes in my direction, and with this smile, I could forget the way she looked at him and the way she held him.

"And why is that? To wish me good luck?" I ask and she nods as she looks behind her to see if there is any camera there.

"Yes, I want you to leave that 11th place and come to the top," she says excitedly and I nod.

"I will do my best. But maybe a kiss would be a great help, nobody is looking," I say teasingly and she chuckles before kissing me, it was a quick kiss but she did it.

I saw Max as I left the garage and he had the helmet in his hand just like I did as we headed to our cars.

"Are you using her to piss me off?" Max asks without even looking at me and I chuckle.

"I've liked her since I first saw her. Also, the world doesn't really revolve around you, I know mine doesn't and hers doesn't either," I say honestly and I see him nod.

"Don't hurt her. I think I've already done more than enough," it came out in a lower tone but I heard and I looked at him.

"Don't worry about it. I got it covered," I answer before I go to meet the team in the middle of the grid.

As soon as I entered the car my only focus was to get to the best place I could. As soon as I left the car in 7th place I felt angry that I wasn't higher but my mind was on her so I did media, did all the meetings I had to do, and went looking for her where I expected she would be. My room.

"Ready to go?" I ask as I see her sitting on the chair on her phone.

"Yes, please!"

I don't think she noticed that she took her hand in mine and walked the whole way to the parking lot like this. I think it was automatic but I sure know I wasn't the only one who saw it. I just wasn't going to stop her. Why would I? It felt damn good to have that woman holding my head. She makes me feel like a damn teenager and I sure do love it. Not as much as I love her.