Ⲥⲏⲇⲣⲧⲉⲅ 8

♪ The way you sold me for parts
As you sunk your teeth into me ♪

Skylar Abbott POV

Seeing Ava here was not surprising, but it still felt like I was stabbed in my chest. I've felt a lot of pain, but this was worse, it felt worse. She had that smile on her face, showing me she won. But I don't care if she won, I could've ruined her game, I could've made Max never want to see her face again.

But he should've been the one to do that. Her seeing him again was supposed to be a one-time thing, but it wasn't. She started coming to almost every race until I couldn't handle it anymore. I spent a lot of time working with the team while they filmed Sergio since Max wasn't with DTS but the time I had, I couldn't spend it with Max because that bitch was there.

But she was dying, what could I have done? I should've done more. I should not have let my tiredness slow me down, but I did. When I was the one being neglected in favor of her, I knew I had to go. I just needed to wait for the end of the season so I could leave without affecting Max's first fight for the championship, and he won.

It broke me, seeing how our relationship died, it broke me. But I survived, I survived worse. But it still breaks my heart how he chose her over me, again and again and again. Did he even love me or did he just convince himself he did?

On the next day, I woke up with a huge bruise on where I landed from the fall, it hurt like hell. I arrived at the paddock and did my job, being in pain didn't stop me from doing my job properly, it never did.

"Do you agree to go out to dinner after I change clothes?" George asked me when he got back to the garage after he did his post-race interviews.

"No, thank you," I answer as I give him a weak smile, I feel no will to smile today.

"He moved on, you should too. He never deserved you anyway," George says before he leaves the garage.

I watched the images that were being shown on the screens, Max in second place, Sergio in first. Max made a good recovery from where he started so second is not bad. I was walking through the paddock to leave when I found Ava once again.

"Can we talk?" She asks as she crosses her arms.

"We have nothing to talk about, Ava." I coldly answer and she rolls her eyes.

"Thank you for leaving, he would leave you. You made it easier," she is provoking me and she deserved a punch, but I'm not doing that.

"He left you pretty easily, didn't he? That must be eating you inside, if I never left, you would never have a chance. Poor Ava," I say with a smirk and her smile disappears.

"Just keep your distance, you already broke him enough, you could've left in a cleaner way."

"What the fuck is wrong with all of you? I left in the best way I could. I didn't talk to him but I left a letter, that is more than enough for closure," I say annoyedly and her smirk is back on. What did she do?

"What letter?" She asks as she raises her eyebrow.

"What the fuck did you do?" I ask angrily and I am leaning on punching her ugly face.

"He had no letter to read when he woke up, only an empty bed," she says as she shrugs.

"What did you do?" I raise my voice and I get closer, I see the fear crossing her eyes. I am not someone to play around with.

"A letter is not just something you should leave when leaving a 3-year relationship Skylar. You should've been careful," she says as victory was clear on her face. I felt the world disappearing under my feet.

He never read the letter, there was nothing there. He thinks I just got up and left. I left her side and went to the hotel as fast as I could. I thought about it over and over. I could live with this, he could hate me and I wouldn't have to say why I left.

I resent him for neglecting me and he resents me for leaving him in the happiest moment of his life. I can live with this. There is no need to dig into the past. Yeah, I will never talk about the damn letter.

I made my suitcase since I was leaving the country on Sunday, I don't want to stay here. I was leaving when I encountered Jos again in the elevator, he was going downstairs too.

"You don't look too good, is everything alright?" Jos asks almost worried and I shrug.

"I'm fine, thank you for asking. How are the kids? Doing fine?" I ask curiously and he nods.

"Blue Jaye misses you, she still asks about you a lot," he comments and I nod.

"Maybe I will see her in one of the races, if you don't mind," I suggest and he smiles.

"That would be great, I will see when I am coming next and she will come too," he says happily.

"Thank you, see you soon," I say as I leave the elevator quickly and head to the reception so I can check out and pay with the company card.

As I turn around I wonder why Jos is being nice, I mean he was only a dick to me once, on the first we met. I put him in his place and he never did it again. He behaved when I was present, he knew he couldn't talk to Max how he wanted or I would lecture him like a little kid, he doesn't like that. Nobody does.

We had good moments, me and Max were good together. Until we weren't. I still love him, but my resentment has grown bigger. I should've been his priority after the championship, I should've been his number two but I was the third, or maybe fourth. I don't even know in which place I would fit in. I just know I wouldn't fit by his side, not anymore.