Ⲥⲏⲇⲣⲧⲉⲅ 17

♫ Maybe I'm just a fool
I still belong with you
Anywhere you, anywhere you are ♫

Max Verstappen POV

"Why would you even do that?" Charles asks when I told him that I had invited George and Skylar to the party.

"Because I wanted her to say no! Is she really with him? Is she proud of that?"

"Max, you are hurting yourself, they are definitely involved. Do you think George and her won't be drinking and dancing together?" Lando says and I just take the rest of my drink.

"What a stupid fucking idea! I knew she would catch my bluff!" I say angrily, I am angry at myself but also angry at her because she went and chose George fucking Russell to be the substitute. He always liked her, so why now? They weren't together 2 weeks ago, what was with the sudden change.

"Of course he came," Charles says and I raise my head to see them both walking inside the club. They were both on the same theme, which included black and silver. I see his hand confidently wrapped around her waist, it rested there like mine hadn't been there 2 weeks ago.

"This is fantastic, thank you for the invite mate," George says when they get to our table and I get up nodding.

"Enjoy it," I say rather coldly, I need another drink.

"Congratulations on the win, it's weird to celebrate it," I hear his voice when I reach the bar and I look at him with a deadpan expression.

"Why is that? It's a party, you celebrated your singular win with a party too."

"Are you celebrating the loss of Skylar too? Because celebrating a win by watching who you lose get with someone else, that's a bit weird," he was provoking me and if I wasn't controlling myself I would've punched the prick.

"You think I lost? I would consider it a loss if I tried to keep her around and she left. She left by ghosting me, I had no chance of winning. Be careful, you might be the next victim, I wouldn't recommend it. It's a long recovery to get over her, once you have her it's like you are addicted," I took my drink and left him there, he can't say I didn't warn.

"Have a good night guys," she says once I arrive and I just roll my eyes.

"Here you go," George says as he gives her a drink before kissing her cheek. His eyes went to mine and he just smiled, before leaving with her, his hand on her lower back. Asshole.

"Jesus, that was tense as fuck," Lando says as he takes a deep breath.

"Let him flaunt her around like she wasn't mine to begin with," I say bitterly as I take a sip of my drink. I am very aware that I am going to leave this place wasted.

I danced with some attractive women and I was going to the bar which is when I saw finally alone, George was talking to Lance and she was at the bar so I took my cue.

"I expected an upgrade, Lewis was my number one bet inside that team," I tell her as I stand by her side, dangerously close.

"Not everyone wants a winner, Max, I had one and ended up disappointed anyway. Ava would accept the upgrade, go bother her instead," she says with a cocky smile and I am pissed.

"Disappointed? In what?" I demand to know what disappointed her enough to leave.

"Generally, your performance as a driver was good but as a boyfriend, it was like a damn roller coaster, one I mattered and the next I was just a rock in your shoe," she says as she looks up at me.

"I never failed you. I tried to be there, but you pushed me away," I say defensively, I could be a shitty person to anyone else but she doesn't get to paint me that way. Not her.

"The past is the past, it seems like there are always 3 versions to everything, our story is no different," she says as she tries to get out but I hold her wrist.

"What versions are there then?" I ask looking into her eyes.

"Mine, yours, and the truth," she says as she tries to get her wrist out of my hold and I let it go.

"I mattered so fucking little that I can't even have a fucking explanation, Skylar? Fucking hell! I am glad you left before I popped the question, the humiliation would've been next level. I hope you treat him better than you did to me, wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy," I tell her angrily before I turn to leave her side and I see George looking between the two of us.

"Everything's alright?" He asks as he gets closer and I see the worry in his eyes.

"Everything is fucking perfect, you can keep her. The pain isn't worth it," I throw the words at him as I walk through the people. I need to leave this place.

"Don't do that. It's your party," Charles says as he stands in front of me.

"Yeah, and I fucked it up myself."

"Don't do that, don't run from the problems. You are not like her, you never were," he insists as he holds my shoulder and I nod in defeat.

"Fine, I will just stay here until she leaves in his fucking arms. This is his fucking party, he won," I say angrily as I sit back on the couch.

"She doesn't love him, she might try but it's not the same," Lando says and I chuckle.

"It's apparently better or she wouldn't be here with him," I say as I watch them both.

I didn't want to imagine those two together and I didn't have to because George made it a point to kiss her, he leaned down and kissed her as he pulled her close. She wrapped her arms around his neck and I just wanted to make him suffer. But I am the one suffering. Why? Why is he the one she chose? Why not me?