Ⲥⲏⲇⲣⲧⲉⲅ 12

♪ Went for me, and not her
'Cause girls your age know better ♪

Skylar Abbott POV

I felt guilty for what Max did so I went on a date with George. It was actually fun but I dated Max Verstappen, you can easily guess that George Russell is not exactly my type on paper. We had fun but that was that.

I was walking through the paddock in Spain, deciding what the team would film tomorrow between practice sessions and I found Charles. Will he try to come for justifications too?

"Skylar! How are you?" Charles asks as he comes for a hug and I hug him back confused by the friendly attitude, he has seen me before but Max was always there.

"I'm good Charles. Is everything okay? Do you need anything?" I ask worriedly and he shakes his head.

"I needed to have some words with you. Is that okay? I don't want to ask questions about the past, I know that's not acceptable," he says as he points to a table in front of Ferrari's hospitality and I join him.

"What do we have to talk about then?" I ask curiously.

"You left and we stayed. No one is mad at you, okay that is a lie, Max is. But we stayed and we saw what that did to him. Don't hurt him again, please. You know Max, and you know he doesn't deserve to keep being hurt and abandoned. I know you had your reasons but it doesn't change his suffering," Charles is only concerned about Max, and probably everyone was.

"Charles, I loved him too. I was with him. I had my own reasons and everyone seems to just forget that I spent those years with him too. I loved him as much as he loved me or more, but sometimes love isn't enough, love isn't all that matters."

"He loved you enough to propose to you, you didn't love him enough to say yes or to stay. I understand leaving but a talk was in place before doing something so sudden," I heard everything he said but my mind kept rewinding to the proposal part.

"What? Propose? Is that what the box he talked about was? Was it an engagement ring?" I ask as I find myself dumbfounded by the news.

"You didn't know? I thought you knew he was going to propose. I am so sorry, oh I fucked up. I am sorry Sky," he says worriedly and guilt is visible over his face.

"We- He- He never mentioned anything like that, I never even thought we were in a good position as boyfriend and girlfriend and he thought we were good enough to propose?" I ask shocked by how different both visions of the same relationship were.

"Sky, that is not the point. That's in the past, it doesn't matter now. He saw the rest of his life by your side, you didn't and you rightfully left in your own way. I just ask that you don't hurt him, I am happy you are fine and that you are moving on, just let him keep trying to do the same," Charles almost begs and I nod.

"I am not here to hurt him, Charles, I just needed the money and no one would pay as well as they do here. I am sorry, I really am," I admit and he nods as he gives me a small smile.

"I am not the one you should be apologizing to, I am fine," he says as I get up.

"I should get going. Thank you for the talk and for not judging me."

"Just take care of yourself, everything will fall back into place. It's good to have you back on the paddock either way," he says as he prepares to enter his hospitality so I left.

I spent the weekend rewinding back to the moment I had that talk with Max about the money and box that went missing, if Ava took the letter she probably took the money and the engagement ring to make me look even worse.

How can they think I am doing better than Max? He is at the peak of his career, he looks like a fucking god, he looks good that's the truth. I am the shadow of the person I used to be. I lost most of the friends I had here because they were all his friends first, I disappeared and he stayed.

I am now gaining back weight and going back to who I used to be. I left but what at cost? Why did Ava have to do that? Why did she take those things? They are not a thing, Max didn't choose her like she thought he would. She filled my head up with meaningless stuff, and for what?

"Don't you think you are letting yourself go now that you got the man? I mean, look at all the competition. Even I look better than you," she told me after I came back from throwing up for the fifth time.

I couldn't hold anything in, but I needed to wait until the season ended to find out what the fuck was wrong. I couldn't ruin his chance of getting his first championship. Max was just outside talking to fans.

"Max!" I called him as he finished outside, he turned around and smiled before kissing me, thank god I washed my teeth.

"Is everything alright?" He asked me worriedly as he put the back of his hand against my hot forehead.

"I'm fine, probably just a cold," I lied as I tried to play it off and he nodded still worried.

"Can I get you anything?" He asked but I shook my head.

"Max, can you help me?" Ava asks but his eyes don't leave mine. I just nodded and that's when he kissed my forehead and went to her.

As I sat alone in this bar, it hit me. He didn't completely neglect me. I pushed him away, I pushed him to her side, he didn't blatantly ignore, he asked for permission each time, he showed me his priorities and I was so blinded by jealousy, sickness, and anger that I convinced myself that he never did.

I drank too much, I am in a foreign country, which language I don't speak. I picked up my phone and dialed the person I wanted to call to get me out of here. I needed to leave before I dehydrate from crying, and if I leave alone I am pretty sure I will be too easy to take advantage of.

"Yes?" The masculine answers as I hear the huge background noise, making me wish to hang up, I hate bothering people.