Ⲥⲏⲇⲣⲧⲉⲅ 16

♫ Started bringing up the past
How the things you love don't last
Even though this isn't fair for both of us ♫

Skylar Abbott POV

I couldn't let Max and I happen again. It can't happen; we are no good for each other. But I was all left wanting more, and I might've invited George to my room, and we kissed for the first time. And we have been doing it ever since. And I might have given him a hickey two days ago which is almost gone now.

I was leaving the paddock when George held my wrist, and we walked to the hospitality and then his room so no one would bother us, which makes me kind of nervous.

"Is there something wrong?" I ask, confusedly with his serious expression.

"I talked to Max today," he says, and I nod, uninterested, "he asked if you are better from the other night, the one where you slept on his bed."

"Fucking dickhead. He slept on the couch, though. Nothing happened," I defend myself, and George tilts his head suspiciously.

"Why did nothing happen?" He asks as he crosses his arms.

"Because I didn't want to. I was drunk, I ended up calling him. It could've been you, maybe Charles or Christian, if my brain decided that way," I say honestly.

"Why did you call me the next day?" He asks as he gets closer.

"Do you prefer I call him? I'm getting confused," I am honestly confused by now.

"Are you using me? To forget him?" He explains himself once I didn't answer quickly enough, and I shrug.

"Maybe, and that is shitty. I am sorry, but I told you I was not completely over him. I told you repeatedly," I say as guilt shows up, and he nods.

"I know. I just wanted to see if you would be honest. Are you even giving me a chance or am I just the rebound?" He asks as he caresses my cheek, and I lean my head into it. It felt good; he is kind of sweet.

"I'm trying to. Is that enough for you?" I ask nervously, and he nods with a smile before hugging me.

"More than enough, darling. I waited a few years. What's a bit more time compared to that?" His calmness is almost weird, but I nod as I hug him.

"What made you like me?" I ask curiously as I lean back into the wall behind me and look up at him.

"You were fun to be around. I always liked having you close, and that's when I found out I had a crush on Max Verstappen's very hot girlfriend," he says with a cheeky smile, and I chuckle.

"Uh, you like what's forbidden. Don't you worry that might cause you to DNF a few races? My ex has a ruthless and aggressive way of going about life," I saw as I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he nodded.

"I can handle your ex; don't worry about it," he says before he leans down and kisses me.

His kiss was soft and slow; I liked it but missed the roughness sometimes. Max had all the personalities in one, and I am not doing this. I can't compare him to my ex; this is not fair. The kiss ended, and we ended up leaving the paddock together. He paid for dinner, and we ate it together.

There is no news for this weekend, right? Max won once again. I am happy for him. I really am. Red Bull is having the season of their lives, and I am glad I am not the one in charge of recording the team. I was leaving the garage with George, and Max stopped us.

"I am throwing a party. Are you two coming? I thought it would be great to show everyone we are all good with this new environment," he says calmly, and I know something is wrong. He wanted us to say no. George looked at me while waiting for an answer.

"Of course, why wouldn't we?" I answer, and I see his expression drop for a second.

"I will send you the club's address. See you in a few hours then," he says before he turns around and leaves quickly.

"Are we playing with fire? I was looking forward to a dinner and movie date night," he says, kissing my cheek while wrapping his arm around my waist.

"I am now looking forward to rubbing myself on you for the whole night, but if we are being discreet about this, I can just dance with another guy," I tease, and I see him wetting his lips before biting his lower lip.

"Max is making this harder for me, uh?  Why would I keep it a secret, though? Everyone knew what I felt for you; Max can deal with it," he says before he leans down to kiss me, and I kiss him back.

The paddock was not as crowded but it was still risky enough to do it here. So it was a quick kiss, and we went on our way. We had dinner and went to our respective rooms. We got dressed for the party, and I looked at myself in the mirror. I look more like my old self as days go by, but why don't I feel like it?

I did a light makeup and went to leave the room. I opened the door and saw George on the other side. He looked honestly good. He smiled before I had a chance to take his image completely.

"You look gorgeous, Skylar," he says almost breathlessly, and I smile.

"You don't look too bad yourself, Georgie," I say jokingly as I close my door and take his arm.

George and Max are nothing alike. They are both aggressive drivers on track. But physically, there aren't many similarities. George is taller and slender. Max Is more muscular – and I don't mean that George's packed abs aren't a letdown. His eyes are darker than Max's. I won't talk about eyelashes, either.

Their vibe is not the same. George is calmer, more likable, and sweeter. Max is... Max. And I loved Max.